Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Time to open own thread for season 16/17.

20 contracts signed for next season at the moment.

These players had already contract for next season: Jesper B. Jensen, Peter Regin, Pekka Jormakka, Jesse Joensuu and Roope Talaja. Jokerit have done contract extensions with some players whose contract ended to this season.

Player budget will be similar like before. Around 10M.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Most likely some new players:

-Ryan Zapolski (99.9% sure)
-David McIntyre
-Julius Junttila
-Masi Marjamäki :hit:
-Josh Gratton :popcorn: :fight: :hit:
(He just started to follow Jokerit on social media, doesn't follow any other European teams than his current club Ässät. Now also Jokerit. 1+1 = 2)

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Why would you need him? He is not a real tough guy. Even teddy bear Svitov made him horizontal
He is tough enough (career fights 261) and can play too (sort of) and I guess you don't understand enforcer culture? It's win some, lose some. Sometimes you get beaten, sometimes you beat somebody. Even though Svitov is big mofo, he has lost fights too.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
He is tough enough (career fights 261) and can play too (sort of) and I guess you don't understand enforcer culture? It's win some, lose some. Sometimes you get beaten, sometimes you beat somebody. Even though Svitov is big mofo, he has lost fights too.

Besides, you don't ice him every night.

kulenova seka

Why such pesimistic title in the thread , "the final journey" ? :)

p.s. Manytla was rumored to Jokerit, bad for Medvescak if true he played really well for us and was likeable player.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty

He played in Barys for several years and nobody regreted when he left.
I remember there was a sort of shock when he scored once.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
He played in Barys for several years and nobody regreted when he left.
I remember there was a sort of shock when he scored once.
So. If the signing is true, they didnt sign him to scoring role. Gritty lower line player that can turn into dirty mode if needed. Better version of our first season's Ben-Amor.

I like Jukka Jalonen already (if this signing is true.)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I hope you meant play-off final journey when you wrote "The Final Journey", not "last season". That would get me really sad. Lev, Donbass; probably Medvescak... Stop making my favorite teams leave. That's enough. Well, at least, Jokerit is here for at least another season it seems, which is nice.

What about goons? You need one or two of them.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I hope you meant play-off final journey when you wrote "The Final Journey", not "last season". That would get me really sad. Lev, Donbass; probably Medvescak... Stop making my favorite teams leave. That's enough. Well, at least, Jokerit is here for at least another season it seems, which is nice.

You should start supporting Severstal and Vityaz

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

An overwhelming majority of the Jokerit fans at the biggest Finnish hockey site jatkoaika.com's message board have grown sour on the KHL experience and are hoping the club returns to Finland after next season.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
An overwhelming majority of the Jokerit fans at the biggest Finnish hockey site jatkoaika.com's message board have grown sour on the KHL experience and are hoping the club returns to Finland after next season.

If Jokerit fans don't want to see it in KHL. If Jokerit players don't want to fight in playoff. Returning to Liiga is the best solution both for Finns and KHL. Yes for KHL too. Cause as Russian proverb says "a soldier is bad if he doesn't want to become a general".

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Gratton isn't "goon" enough for you? though we still have to wait before new signings gets announced. Who knows Gratton might be just a fan and that's why he started to follow Jokerit in twitter :D

If someone is expecting goonery from Gratton possibly signing with Jokerit, they're in for a disappoinment. He doesn't want to fight anymore.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
If someone is expecting goonery from Gratton possibly signing with Jokerit, they're in for a disappoinment. He doesn't want to fight anymore.

LOL. Wanna bet about it? :laugh:

Why would Jokerit sign him other than do the job which KHL department of player safety doesn't want to handle? What he said was some ******** to please 1ûga. He won't be seen in show fights that's for sure.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
LOL. Wanna bet about it? :laugh:

Why would Jokerit sign him other than do the job which KHL department of player safety doesn't want to handle? What he said was some ******** to please 1ûga. He won't be seen in show fights that's for sure.

Direct quote from the story:

Voin sanoa käsi sydämellä, että viimeinen asia, jota haluan työpäiväni päätteeksi tehdä, on tapella. Niin se on aina ollut.

Jatkoaika posters who read the story also said that many of Gratton's friends have had injury issues develop from fighting and he wants to avoid that.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Direct quote from the story:

Jatkoaika posters who read the story also said that many of Gratton's friends have had injury issues develop from fighting and he wants to avoid that.

So he said that it's the last thing he wants to do. Always been. And let's count how many fights he have had. :naughty:

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
It's a recent interview. How many times has he fought in Liiga this season?

Well you can turn this around the way that suits you. But what he said was it's the last thing what he WANTS to do. ALWAYS BEEN. So basic hockey jargon. If Jokerit signs him he will be the safety manager. And he will fight. So do you want to bet about it or not?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Too bad Jokerit have no arena anymore, if they're forced to come back. I understood Harkimo sold it to Rotenberg too?

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Too bad Jokerit have no arena anymore, if they're forced to come back. I understood Harkimo sold it to Rotenberg too?

Do you think it would be good business to keep HA empty? Or do you think it's the only arena on Earth?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Enforcers/goons usually don't like fighting. It can be scary world with high pressure. It's very rare that enforcers would say to you that they love it. But if they want money from hockey and can't play hockey in scoring role, you have to take your spot with physical stuff if you are good at it or quit. It's that simple.

Gratton knows his role. He will protect his team mates when needed. If opponents act well, he doesn't have to do much.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
It's a recent interview. How many times has he fought in Liiga this season?
2 times. Last season 14 times in UK. Career fights: 261. Source: Dropyourgloves.com

He even tweeted that he liked the 2 fights in HIFK - Sport game.

Like I said even though he would like to be just a player, he knows his role. Liiga doesn't have that much fight anyways and many doesn't have even balls to fight Gratton.

But lets wait. His signing is still a rumour.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad