Post-Game Talk: Joisey @ Birdman, flapper of arms and winner of cups. 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Our poor Willy is probably gone for 40. The punk moved into the hit and sold it but it doesn't matter, his goose is cooked.

At least I got him into my first draftkings lineup. He Ovi Nick and Kuzy should lead me to glorious victory. Why doesn't DK reward PIMs yeesh fantasy hockey sucks.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I agree it was not a head shot, but those of you who are claiming it was unintentional

The issue here is that Tom is still willing to commit intentional, unnecesssry penalties that undoubtedly have the potential to cause injury. That was a very easy penalty to avoid.

I obviously don't know what is in Wilson's mind but if you watch that play from above, Seney backs up into Wilson's path, he moves his left leg in an attempt to avoid him as he heads in to chase the puck. I don't know what else he can do there except genuflect to the right.

It's an interference penalty for sure and I guess in the future, if he ever plays in the NHL again, Wilson needs to take a more circuitous route to the puck so he avoids everyone, all the time. They have neutered Wilson the same way they did Ovechkin.

Last edited:

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
I obviously don't know what is in Wilson's mind but if you watch that play from above, Seney backs up into Wilson's path, he moves his left leg in an attempt to avoid him as he heads in to chase the puck. I don't know what else he can do there except genuflect to the right.
Clearly Wilson should have stopped and gently hugged Seney from behind while softly whispering in his ear; "Careful there buddy, don't you know, this is a non-contact sport anymore." And then he should top it off with a kiss on the cheek.
That's the only correct way Wilson should have handled the play.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
The more I see the hit the more confident I am that Wilson will not be suspended.
Caps are on a 7 game winning streak without TJ, Nicky gets a hat trick, OV with a goal, and Holtby is still solid. :thumbu:

Reactions: Heath

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I agree it was not a head shot, but those of you who are claiming it was unintentional

The issue here is that Tom is still willing to commit intentional, unnecesssry penalties that undoubtedly have the potential to cause injury. That was a very easy penalty to avoid.
That wasnt easily avoidable. The guy backed into him while Wilson was tracking the puck in the corner. That's is not on Wilson at all.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The more I see the hit the more confident I am that Wilson will not be suspended.
Caps are on a 7 game winning streak without TJ, Nicky gets a hat trick, OV with a goal, and Holtby is still solid. :thumbu:

I agree. I didn’t like the pre season call, but knew he would get suspended because of the head contact. There is nothing on this play you can suspend for. Half the leauge would need to be suspended.

Reactions: Blitzkrieg365

Jun 15, 2007
Clearly Wilson should have stopped and gently hugged Seney from behind while softly whispering in his ear; "Careful there buddy, don't you know, this is a non-contact sport anymore." And then he should top it off with a kiss on the cheek.
That's the only correct way Wilson should have handled the play.
Or he could've just skated around him.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If you have any access to the MSG feed watch it. Seney comes off the ice after being attended to by the trainer holding his ARM!!!

They also have great shots of Reirden just giving it to the ref, he was livid.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

It's an interference penalty for sure and I guess in the future, if he ever plays in the NHL again, Wilson needs to take a more circuitous route to the puck so he avoids everyone, all the time. They have neutered Wilson the same way they did Ovechkin.
Technically that isn't even an interference penalty because the guy turned and backed into Wilson. You do realize that if Wilson decided to take a dive there that Seney might have been called for interference. It was just incidental contact.
At some point players have to be held responsible for themselves. Skating with your head down is bad enough but turning yourself and backing into a player in the back check. Who does that?

Reactions: RandyHolt

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
It's an interference penalty for sure and I guess in the future, if he ever plays in the NHL again, Wilson needs to take a more circuitous route to the puck so he avoids everyone, all the time.

This is hilarious, in that grim sad way that a remark that crystallizes a manifest injustice that we may just have to live with can be really funny

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009

This isn’t Wilson looking to make s hit though. He’s in on the forecheck and some idiot is skating backwards into forecheckers.

I’m fine with 2 for Interference but that is an extremely dumb play Senety and a gutless fish impression.

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Or he could've just skated around him.

Where? Kempny is to the right and Wilson's man has forked around Seney to the left. He is skating on a straight line to where the puck is going. Seney even curls into Wilson as Wilson tries to sidestep a little, but can't go too far to the right because of Kempny and his stick.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Exactly what I've been saying. Seney sees Wilson playing the d-man coming into the zone all the way. He skates right at Wilson. Could he have set him up? Maybe. But he definitely knew Wilson was coming and TW as chasing the puck, not Seney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad