Post-Game Talk: Joisey @ Birdman, flapper of arms and winner of cups. 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Reirden is doing what needed to be done close to a decade ago. Standing up vocally immediately directly for that which is right, and pressure the league via the media as needed to make sure his players don't get screwed over.

Losing Willy for 40/year is obviously going to have a huge impact on our repeat ambitions. More than likely even his biggest homer fan ever could have predicted.

Now, we just need Dick Patrick and BMac to do the same. Like today. They should beat DOPES to the punch and make up their own video showing his innocence. Don't wait for an appeal in NY 3 months from now to get started.

Last edited:

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The Caps/Wilson need to legally go after NHLPA and the league at this point. Neither are operating in good faith. They really could make the league look like a joke. Look how bad they could make them look based on Kuzy, both of Oshie’s and Reeve’s hit the night before. Now imagine how embarrassing it would look combing through multiple seasons worth of hits.

This needs to be reviewed today since Caps play tomorrow correct? Especially given it’s a 3pm puck drop? Using logic here but I would think the longer the wait less likely anything happens?

Oh here is another one to the list. What f***ing league only fines someone 5k for BITING another player?

Last edited:

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Reirden is doing what needed to be done close a decade ago. Standing up vocally immediately directly for that which is right, and pressure the league via the media as needed to make sure his players don't get screwed over.
///
Now, we just need Dick Patrick and BMac to do the same. Like today. They should beat DOPES to the punch and make up their own video showing his innocence. Don't wait for an appeal in NY 3 months from now to get started.

The Caps/Wilson need to legally go after NHLPA and the league at this point. Neither are operating in good faith. They really could make the league look like a joke. Look how bad they could make them look based on Kuzy, both of Oshie’s and Reeve’s hit the night before. Now imagine how embarrassing it would look combing through multiple seasons worth of hits.///

The Caps' video crews (idk whether internal and marketing share the same people) should put together one or more DOPES-like videos showing comparable hits:
-Reaves's no call and Wilson's match
-Tanev on Kuzy no call and other similar hits that resulted in penalties
-the numerous uncalled hits on Oshie including Thornton
Get the msg out there first, set up the story and dictate the terms.

Reactions: RandyHolt

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The Caps' video crews (idk whether internal and marketing share the same people) should put together one or more DOPES-like videos showing comparable hits:
-Reaves's no call and Wilson's match
-Tanev on Kuzy no call and other similar hits that resulted in penalties
-the numerous uncalled hits on Oshie including Thornton
Get the msg out there first, set up the story and dictate the terms.
Ideally do it in a way that gives the league as little response time as possible, but no real way of doing it.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Wow....this Reerden presser is awesome. He is pissed and I love it.

I like this interview. Reirden describes the play exactly the way I saw it. He did a good job at being politically correct and was careful with what he said.
I do wish he would have told us exactly what the ref said when he questioned the call. Especially after the 2nd period when everyone had time to review the play and realized it was a bad call.

Jun 15, 2007
Lost in the Wilson commotion, I noticed no one mentioned Niskanen's brutal play on that second NJ goal. Sheesh

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Lost in the Wilson commotion, I noticed no one mentioned Niskanen's brutal play on that second NJ goal. Sheesh

A few things were lost in the Great Wilson Debate.

Backstrom hattrick.
Awesome Burka goal.
How about 'em DSP shot blocks? Man is a warrior.
Wilson with another goal. That's just trolling.
Ovechkin with some milestone or something.

You are right, though. Niskanen is having himself a rough season to this point. He is a little more involved in the offensive zone than I'm used to seen but his 'home-plate' defense is hard on the eyes.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad