Post-Game Talk: Joisey @ Birdman, flapper of arms and winner of cups. 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You are unleashing the fury bro. Not sure where you'd be if it was Lars Eller that accidentally hit Seney, but glad you're on my team here.
I would have defended Eller too.
I'd still like to give him a beat down though. Worse than the one he got from that midget that plays for the Bruins.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Am I crazy or are the Cooke comparisons complete nonsense? Wilson has had some bad hits, but I wouldn’t qualify any as dirty like Cooke’s knees and etc.

Reactions: RandyHolt

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
No. Alex Tanguay was just on the NHL Network saying: "Wil-sohn doez not do e-nuff to avoid ze contact" - with the guy who is ****ing skating backwards in his offensive zone while the puck is below the ****ing goal line. Like Willy now has to game plan for guys who are skating the wrong way in the attack zone for an extended period of time while the puck is in front of them. But sure, the rules are the same for everybody. Garbage league
Wtf does Tanguay know? I guess he knows how to avoid hitting. He avoided hutting his entire career.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
"Every time we have to go through things like this it hardens our group" - Todd Reirden in the post game presser.

giphy.gif

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'm so wound up about this Tom Wilson thing that I almost forgot about the outcome.
Good game. Holtby was a beast in that 2nd period. Backstrom was awesome with the hattrick. There is a reason he is my favorite player. You guys can call me crazy but I think Backstrom is our best player. He is so good all over the ice.

Reactions: Blitzkrieg365

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I love the fact that Reirden keeps putting Ovechkin out there with the empty net. I loved Trotz but he rarely did that.

Reirden mentioned he rewards guys who do the defensive work during the game with that ice time.

Reactions: RandyHolt

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'm so wound up about this Tom Wilson thing that I almost forgot about the outcome.
Good game. Holtby was a beast in that 2nd period. Backstrom was awesome with the hattrick. There is a reason he is my favorite player. You guys can call me crazy but I think Backstrom is our best player. He is so good all over the ice.

You're crazy ;)

But yeah, Backie may be our best all around complete player. But he's under rated because he just also happens to play with maybe the greatest pure goal scorer in NHL history... Tom Wilson!

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I wish the season ended today. Strong chance we would make the ECF.

Boston-Holtby owns them.
Winner of Jackets vs Canes.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
I barely engaged with the main-boards. Just reading the responses from Penguins and Bruins fans of all, wore me out.

Edit: Penguins fans are quick to forget: Malkin's high hits (one on Oshie this season), knee's, slew-foots, and groin spearing, along with Crosby's groin and finger slashing.

Show some appreciation for Maaco out there, fighting tooth & nail.
upload_2018-12-1_5-22-32.jpeg

Last edited:

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Not sure if any of you are fans of youtuber "The Hockey Guy", he's pretty unbiased, and is usually hard on Wilson. He reviewed the hit and doesn't see how it's suspension worthy. He think's it was a bit late, but see's no contact to the head and thinks it should have been a 2 min penalty at most.

Reactions: shtorm2005

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I barely engaged with the main-boards. Just reading the responses from Penguins and Bruins fans of all, wore me out.

Edit: Penguins fans are quick to forget: Malkin's high hits (one on Oshie this season), knee's, slew-foots, and groin spearing, along with Crosby's groin and finger slashing.

Show some appreciation for Maaco out there, fighting tooth & nail.
View attachment 160251
Lol well I'm done fighting. I cant reply to that thread anymore.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
1 -> 2 points, wonderful
2 -> Ovi with a goal, Willy with a goal, Nicky with a hatty, Burky wonderful goal.
3 -> If NHL suspend Wilson even for 1 game, it would be a crime against the game of hockey
4 -> Good on Reirden that he's telling in the ITWs about Oshie and Kuzy, the league should be more consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad