Johnsson - Matthews - Korshkov(Kapanen traded)

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What even is this thread lmao. Kapanen isn't even on pace for 60 points but you think korshkov, a prospect who was struggled in the KHL can?? I'd say there's a good chance korshkov doesn't have a long nhl career let alone one on a top line...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Korshkov Has had a rough go of it this past 1.5 years. He is a big body player with good hands and people think he would be fine with the tough going. As far as being a prospect the shine has come off him since we drafted him but that is based on him not playing much with Injury and other reasons.

Let’s get him over here this summer and see what he has. He can sign an ELC and go from there after we get him here he will play on the Marlies for a while I would think and he would have to play himself up to the Leafs. He would be a cheap winger with size something we lack at present.

I do know that Dale was really high on him when we drafted him and said he had good skill. So that at this point is good enough for me.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Unless he does something asinine like ask for six, I'm doing everything I can to keep him even if it means kicking the can down the road on a one year deal at like 2.5 that could turn into 5.5 next year.

If he is to be traded, I'll take a young, cost controlled RD, please - not a prospect, a guy playing right now (names I like include Colin Miller, Manson, Cernak, Hronek and Carlo).

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
How is korshkov the heir apparent? Seems far more likely a Moore or Bracco fills the void if kapanen is traded. Even then those guys aren't stepping right onto Matthews line. That's ridiculous

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
They wanted him to come over before the season so he can't be that bad. Gotta throw him on Matthews wing for a stretch to see what you have imo. Never know.
But, doesn't Matthews need his wingers to DRIVE him? :dunno:

Just can't stick the unknown with Matthews and keep Matthews happy. ;)

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If somehow neither Nylander, nor Kap are available to play on Matthews Right wing, the guy to try there is Bracco, not Korshkov. Bracco and Matthews did play together in the US development program, and at least Bracco has proven something in the system, if not on the Leafs. I think Bracco and Matthews might actually work pretty well together.

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I get the idea to like Korshkov but he's not exactly dominating an inferior league as a 22 year old, I'm not sure why we should expect him to be playing with our franchise center.

He's got a long way to go before even be considered NHL ready, let alone playing top line minutes.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I get the idea to like Korshkov but he's not exactly dominating an inferior league as a 22 year old, I'm not sure why we should expect him to be playing with our franchise center.

He's got a long way to go before even be considered NHL ready, let alone playing top line minutes.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Folks love the IDEA of him: the big gritty power forward who can be Matthews battering ram. Problem is I think it’s fairly uncertain if he’ll even come to North America let alone be an impact NHler (or even a replacement level guy)

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
They wanted him to come over before the season so he can't be that bad. Gotta throw him on Matthews wing for a stretch to see what you have imo. Never know.

That's what I worry about if I'm a Leaf. Leafs wanted him, but Korshov didn't want to come over to the AHL. If he's happy been a secondary KHL player, Leafs have no hope of having him adjust to North American hockey.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
If somehow neither Nylander, nor Kap are available to play on Matthews Right wing, the guy to try there is Bracco, not Korshkov. Bracco and Matthews did play together in the US development program, and at least Bracco has proven something in the system, if not on the Leafs. I think Bracco and Matthews might actually work pretty well together.
I agree Bracco is the type of player Matthews needs as he's a setup man.
Petan - Matthews - Korshkov would be an interesting line as well. Setup guy, sniper, and power forward. Could be worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad