Johnsson - Matthews - Korshkov(Kapanen traded)

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You gotta find out if you have anything on a 2nd round pick before you give up on him IMO.
Will be interesting to see what happens with him this summer.
Then why did the Leafs trade Durzi? He was a 2nd round pick and they didn't find out if there was anything there.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
You gotta find out if you have anything on a 2nd round pick before you give up on him IMO.
Will be interesting to see what happens with him this summer.
I understand the importance of finding out what he is, but you literally just made Kapanen expendable in favour of Korshkov, AND proposed that he would get 50-60 points :laugh:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would be great to see Korshkov stick with the Leafs at some point. However, if Kapanen is moved, I'd expect Nylander to be RW on the Matthews line.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
This seems like a weird forced thread. Are you him or his agent?

He’s is doing terribly in the KHL so no I don’t think we should gift him a spot on Matthew’s wing. I’d like to see him develop more over here for sure but he’s a long shot.

Reactions: dsred

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Korshkov is a an overage draft pick by Hunter that has failed miserably. Leaf fans need to accept that he's a bust and never will be an NHLer which is sad considering who was taken after him. I'm glad Hunter is gone.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Korshkov has had a projection as more of a complementary top nine guy since his draft+1 year, and at this point I'm unsure if he'll be more than a depth option.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Korshkov has had a projection as more of a complementary top nine guy since his draft+1 year, and at this point I'm unsure if he'll be more than a depth option.

At the moment I have a hard time seeing him leave the KHL when he won’t be offered a lock for a roster spot.

Maybe the lure of a chance at the nhl might change it, but I’d imagine he’d be taking a pay cut if he ended up on the Marlies for the season

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
You know who would look even better in that spot?

Alex DeBrincat.

Hunter probably would have seem him a lot considering London and Erie played eachother in the playoffs that year and the year before. Probably mad cause Erie was crushing the OHL for those 2 years

Last edited:

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Lol what? 5 pts in the KHL this year...its make more sense if you said Moore or Bracco.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You know who would look even better in that spot?

Alex DeBrincat.

Hunter probably would have seem him a lot considering London and Erie played eachother in the playoffs that year and the year before

Him or Carter Hart seem the big misses. I probably wouldn’t have taken Carter since I’m not a fan of using 1-2nd round picks on goalies, but was disappointed about skipping over DeBrincat

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Him or Carter Hart seem the big misses. I probably wouldn’t have taken Carter since I’m not a fan of using 1-2nd round picks on goalies, but was disappointed about skipping over DeBrincat

I can see them passing on Hart with Freddie in the system. I don't mind using high picks on goalies. It is the most important position in the NHL (see Calgary last night).

If DeBrincat was 4 inches taller he'd have been a top 10 pick. I bet Dubas would have picked him skill over size

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Take a look at our second line for next season guys.
Korshkov will accept the 2-2.5m they want to sign Kappy for and he's a RW to boot. I think it will work out pretty well actually.

50-60p / 95-105p / 50-60p very possible.

Discuss.

lol no.
Still bummed we wasted a pick on Korshkov. Will he ever even come here? Is he any good at all?
Could have had Debrincat.

Reactions: Menzinger
Jul 10, 2003
KW
Korshkov is a an overage draft pick by Hunter that has failed miserably. Leaf fans need to accept that he's a bust and never will be an NHLer which is sad considering who was taken after him. I'm glad Hunter is gone.

Be glad that Hunter didn't try and get cute at 1st overall and take Laine. It was speculated that a couple teams in the top 10 had Laine 1st, Colorado being one of them. Also, the Marner draft, under pressure from Babcock, the fanbase and media he didn't take Hanifin. He also got a gem in Marner, will probably be the 2nd best player of that draft, which is certainly saying something. I don't think most teams would have taken Marner at 4. He made the right picks where it counted, I can't fault him too much for taking gambles with the later picks.

Reactions: ktownhockey

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Korshkov? The meh looking prospect who has barely played any hockey the past year? No thanks

He was a bad pick, absolute long shot to make the NHL at this point
Not necessarily a 'bad pick', although I would have thought second or third round. A long shot, and not bad if you have lots of good players in your system, but I would have preferred a defenceman with that pick.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"Koshkov will accept the 2-2.5"

Uhhhh, he needs to sign an ELC first.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015

I see something here. You're telling me he wouldn't put up points with Matthews? He's big and has hands. Not that fast but could probably keep up.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012

I see something here. You're telling me he wouldn't put up points with Matthews? He's big and has hands. Not that fast but could probably keep up.

Par Lindholm had one assist this year that made him look like a star. Lots of NHL players can do the things. Doesn't mean they can put up 50-60 points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad