Johnsson - Matthews - Korshkov(Kapanen traded)

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I dont see us being able to resign both Johnsson and Kap without solving where that cap would come from after we ink Marner.
Marleau, Horton, Brown, Zaitsev contracts must be moved to making room for Marner + those guys.
tough tough tough position for Dubas. personally I think we're screwed. if it wasnt for the fact Marner is a huge Leafs fan gives me hope he wont sign an offer sheet. but who knows. money is money. maybe he gets offered like 12M like Marchand thinks he will get.

Reactions: Crysis

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Kap is near off limits in a trade and I'm sure that Johnsson or Brown or someone else would be moved out to make room for him. Also doesn't Korshkov have to come here and you know... be good before he gets a shot with the Leafs?
But yeah you can do Johnsson-Matthews-Anyone and they will put up at least 40+ points

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
I dont see us being able to resign both Johnsson and Kap without solving where that cap would come from after we ink Marner.
Marleau, Horton, Brown, Zaitsev contracts must be moved to making room for Marner + those guys.
tough tough tough position for Dubas. personally I think we're screwed. if it wasnt for the fact Marner is a huge Leafs fan gives me hope he wont sign an offer sheet. but who knows. money is money. maybe he gets offered like 12M like Marchand thinks he will get.
I believe that I am right in saying that Horton's contract can be put on LTIR at the start of training camp (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, didn't the Leafs do this a few years ago with signing Brown where they waited until they could put Horton on LTIR and then signed Brown after?
Yes one of them can get OS'd but they could also agree to a deal in theory to be signed once the cap space opens with Horton off the books.
Again not great with the cap so let me know where I'm wrong here.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
6'4" Korshov (play maker), 6'3" Matthews (Shooter), 6'1" Kapanen (grinder/forechecker/shooter)

I like that that line a lot.

Reactions: Crysis

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Take a look at our second line for next season guys.
Korshkov will accept the 2-2.5m they want to sign Kappy for and he's a RW to boot. I think it will work out pretty well actually.

50-60p / 95-105p / 50-60p very possible.

Discuss.
Signed,

Korshkov's Agent

Reactions: TML Dynasty

RLF

May 5, 2014
Korshkov will accept the 2-2.5m they want to sign Kappy for and he's a RW to boot. I think it will work out pretty well actually.

Discuss.

No, wouldn't do that or think it will work out like that next season. Almost 0 chance.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
I don't understand this? Is he signed already or not? If he is, it should be under 1 million a season on ELC. So is he signed.
He's unsigned and playing in russia but he's under team control. Rasanen is in the same boat.
Where the OP gets it wrong is that we have to sign him to an ELC for his first contract. Only if we lose team control after a certain amount of years can he sign anywhere as a UFA for any amount of money.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
He's unsigned and playing in russia but he's under team control. Rasanen is in the same boat.
Where the OP gets it wrong is that we have to sign him to an ELC for his first contract. Only if we lose team control after a certain amount of years can he sign anywhere as a UFA for any amount of money.

This is what I assumed. He cannot sign for anything more then a ELC. So all this talk of signing him to 2-2.5 million per is bs.

If he wants to come over and play in NA he can sign his ELC and from there we can see where he slots in the lineup. Awarding him a spot next to Matthews would be foolish with no NA experience and proven nothing really in KHL. Has shown some skill, but very inconsistently and has been a healthy scratch a lot this season so far.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

I believe that Korshkov would have to wait 4 more summers if he wanted to avoid the requirement that he first sign an ELC contract.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
This is what I assumed. He cannot sign for anything more then a ELC. So all this talk of signing him to 2-2.5 million per is bs.

If he wants to come over and play in NA he can sign his ELC and from there we can see where he slots in the lineup. Awarding him a spot next to Matthews would be foolish with no NA experience and proven nothing really in KHL. Has shown some skill, but very inconsistently and has been a healthy scratch a lot this season so far.
Yeah it's all bs. I think he'd start on the Marlies and have to prove himself in order to get a spot. I think it's more realistic that he comes over sometime next year, plays for the Marlies, and then at the start of the 2020-21 season with Marleau off the books there's another spot for a LW open. I also would not be surprised at all if he just stayed in Russia until UFA. He'd make more money and is guarenteed to play in the top league.

I believe that Korshkov would have to wait 4 more summers if he wanted to avoid the requirement that he first sign an ELC contract.
Thanks!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Discuss.

FYI

Korshkov needs to sign an ELC (entry level contract) and the max allowable is $950k + bonuses to play in the NHL.

Also Koshkov had a serious injury this year and has only played in 19 games posting a 3-2-5 points in the KHL.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Korshkov is actually pretty talented. He has had a lot of politics and injuries at play the last 1.5 years, but he has a ton of natural ability.

I still don't love the pick, but he needs to come over and play.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I believe that I am right in saying that Horton's contract can be put on LTIR at the start of training camp (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, didn't the Leafs do this a few years ago with signing Brown where they waited until they could put Horton on LTIR and then signed Brown after?
Yes one of them can get OS'd but they could also agree to a deal in theory to be signed once the cap space opens with Horton off the books.
Again not great with the cap so let me know where I'm wrong here.
I read that too, but I am unsure if it was a reliable source though. but would be nice if its true lol

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Kapanen is great, a good top 6 forward with a strong two way game. Korshkov may never make the NHL. Terrible thread.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
If anyone from the system makes sense playing with Matthews, it's Bracco.
He's lighting it up in the AHL and has superior vision - an elite playmaker in the American League. I'd like to see what he can do in the NHL.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad