Injury Report: Johnsson Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That was ot in a playoff game. When were they gunna fight Tucker over that? They had no chance to. Im not even sure what it is you're suggesting here.
I'm saying rough tough hockey doesn't need face puncher and they don't stop hits dirty or otherwise

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Usually teams that live in the past end up getting the lottery picks now.
I agree.
The past isn't all bad.
The present isn't all good.
A mix is ideal in my opinion

Present: Speed/Skill.
Past: Whatever you want to call it.
Heart/Courage/Toughness/Honor/Pride.
We have a surplus of present.
Precious little of past.
I think we win the Cup.
Kinda like Chi.
3 in 6 years or similar.
But.
Dubas looks like he's at go to work with your parents day.
Zero faith he gets this right.
He's gonna win one;if only by mistake.
Right time.
Wrong GM

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Back in the day, a Wendel Clark, Gary Roberts or Darcy Tucker would have fixed McNabb's little smile next time he got on the ice.
Without a doubt! I think this is part or most of the problem with Kadri this year. He has absolutely no one to go to war with. If two or three guys engage him on the ice at the same time he has no body watch his back. So it's not worth it.
How would you feel if a couple of bruins started showing you around and your teammates stood by?

Hell when the opposition runs Freddy nothing happens, not even a conversation. When they run AM34 (Trouba, Kronwall) nothing happens.

This is a bad recipe for success. Most on this board have played the game in various stages of life and know what I'm talking about. You have to be able to count on your brothers thick and thin.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Without a doubt! I think this is part or most of the problem with Kadri this year. He has absolutely no one to go to war with. If two or three guys engage him on the ice at the same time he has no body watch his back. So it's not worth it.
How would you feel if a couple of bruins started showing you around and your teammates stood by?

Hell when the opposition runs Freddy nothing happens, not even a conversation. When they run AM34 (Trouba, Kronwall) nothing happens.

This is a bad recipe for success. Most on this board have played the game in various stages of life and know what I'm talking about. You have to be able to count on your brothers thick and thin.

This is why I appreciate Hyman taking the message to be heavier to heart. He stepped up and defended Marner that game against that little dip shit defenseman on the Rangers who didn't even touch Marner. And that's what you need. But you also need guys like Matthews, Nylander and Marner getting their sticks up once in a while and put the lumber in a bully's face. Everyone needs to have that snarl, unless they want to be a 6'2" Sedin twin getting punched in the head by a 5'9" Marchand.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
This is why I appreciate Hyman taking the message to be heavier to heart. He stepped up and defended Marner that game against that little dip **** defenseman on the Rangers who didn't even touch Marner. And that's what you need. But you also need guys like Matthews, Nylander and Marner getting their sticks up once in a while and put the lumber in a bully's face. Everyone needs to have that snarl, unless they want to be a 6'2" Sedin twin getting punched in the head by a 5'9" Marchand.
Agreed, even Kessel stood up and put lumber on Scott.
Teams like the Bruins would hound you for the rest of the game if their player got taken out like AJ.
The players need to feel protected to play effective. I'll take that to my grave. i'm not talking about knuckle daggers anymore, I'm talking about support for Hyman and Kadri. Guys that can play the game hard. Martin in my books was not one.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Agreed, even Kessel stood up and put lumber on Scott.
Teams like the Bruins would hound you for the rest of the game if their player got taken out like AJ.
The players need to feel protected to play effective. I'll take that to my grave. i'm not talking about knuckle daggers anymore, I'm talking about support for Hyman and Kadri. Guys that can play the game hard. Martin in my books was not one.

I think they all just need to play heavier and harder to a man. You hardly ever think of a guy like Anze Kopitar needing protection. In time, I would expect Matthews to get more difficult to play against as an individual and not be intimidated out there under any circumstances. Yes, his game is a skill based game, but look at how nasty Malkin is out there. When you have an Eric Lindros frame, you can fend for yourself.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I think they all just need to play heavier and harder to a man. You hardly ever think of a guy like Anze Kopitar needing protection. In time, I would expect Matthews to get more difficult to play against as an individual and not be intimidated out there under any circumstances. Yes, his game is a skill based game, but look at how nasty Malkin is out there. When you have an Eric Lindros frame, you can fend for yourself.
I would love AM to play like Malkin. He is one of the dirtiest cheap shot artists out there. Players stay away from him because he will retaliate with his stick.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would love AM to play like Malkin. He is one of the dirtiest cheap shot artists out there. Players stay away from him because he will retaliate with his stick.

Exactly. I don't remember what Malkin was like when he first came in, but it's that nastiness that will actually make you more effective in the long run. How much space would Matthews earn for himself to operate in a 7 game series if in Game 1 he put his stick up in the face of the first Bruin who came at him?

Reactions: baton elevated

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

You get it.
Well said.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Back in the day, a Wendel Clark, Gary Roberts or Darcy Tucker would have fixed McNabb's little smile next time he got on the ice.

They all would have killed Mcnabb. Only problem is Clarke would have hurt himself and be out for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad