Injury Report: Johnsson Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Then why did Cole hit Kuznetsov? Had Wilson's reputation not already been established?
Lets see how willing he is( or anyone else) to do it again.Or perhaps Wilson takes a run at their star player and puts him on the shelf for a couple months as a form of retribution...is that what the league wants? I suppose its one way to get Wilson off the ice for five minutes or more...if that is the intended goal,but I doubt it.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I think it should be 4 especially when the injury is serious

I think any penalty that takes a player out of the game should be 4. It's kind of foolish that they hand out extra 2s for a small bit of blood on a high stick, but breaking a guys hand with a slash gets you 2.

(I'm aware AJ didn't get slashed, just using a more neutral example.)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good to hear at least that it doesn't look super serious. Let him take as much time as he needs to come back to the lineup at 100%. Ennis can slot in just fine on the fourth line and Brown will survive on the third.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
Did Wilson then travel back in time and stop the hit on Kuznetsov?
Perhaps he time travelled into the future to stop Cole from duplicating this hit in the future. It is every bit as likely as his action having no consequences for the future. However, you are correct about its consequences for the past; which is why the past and the future are fundamentally different. Being Captain Obvious is fun though.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
DPS seems to make decisions based on what is most beneficial for the league and least likely to hurt profits. They will only act when forced to or to protect influential owners or struggling new market owners.

Andreas Johnsson:
- not playing for a team with an influential owner like Boston
- not playing for a struggling new market team
- not playing for an expansion American team
- not playing on an American team
- not a star American player with a large fan following at home.

Brayden McNabb:
- playing for an expansion team American team with a new market.

Nothing will come of it. There is a pyramid and the Leafs are at the bottom. The League knows it can do whatever it wants to this team and its fans and they will take it. ie give us absolutely nothing for 100 years in the league because they take us for granted. Just a revenue source.
After reading your post I went back and looked at suspensions this season.

NOT counting suspensions for off ice behaviour or for missing the All Star game.

Nine times have players from Canadian based teams received suspensions for a total of 22 games.
Nine times have players from US based teams received suspensions for a total of 31 games. (that includes the 14 games Wilson served- on appeal from the original suspension of 20 games, it was reduced to 14 though he actually did miss 16)

I'm not a statistician but maybe you're on to something. Or maybe players on Canadian teams are dirtier.:sarcasm:

Though, Parros is American so maybe he doesn't like Canadian teams. I don't know:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bouncing Bettys

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Could be wrong but when babs says day to day hasnt there been times where its been more like week to week?
Rather than focusing on vague stuff like day-to-day, may be better to focus on how things look. It doesn't sound too serious and he doesn't need to get around on crutches so that's a good sign. Whether it's a few games or a couple weeks it doesn't sound as if he's going to miss a huge chunk of time. I'll take that.

I'm sure there have been cases though where day to day has lasted weeks. I don't think Babcock is asking the medical staff for best guesses as to when the player is coming back. Just coaching the team he has and waiting for the medical staff to say "he's good to go." Probably just defaults to day to day so long as it isn't something like a serious injury that would obviously take months to come back from.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
After reading your post I went back and looked at suspensions this season.

NOT counting suspensions for off ice behaviour or for missing the All Star game.

Nine times have players from Canadian based teams received suspensions for a total of 22 games.
Nine times have players from US based teams received suspensions for a total of 31 games. (that includes the 14 games Wilson served- on appeal from the original suspension of 20 games, it was reduced to 14 though he actually did miss 16)

I'm not a statistician but maybe you're on to something. Or maybe players on Canadian teams are dirtier.:sarcasm:

Though, Parros is American so maybe he doesn't like Canadian teams. I don't know:laugh:
Let me guess, the majority of those suspensions to US based teams and Canadian based teams came from infractions committed against US based teams.

As Steve Dangle once said in an LFR (paraphrasing): "Boston fans, when it comes to discipline and suspensions, do you feel hard done by? Honestly?"

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
It prob isnt serious but a really bad charlie horse. prob hurt to put pressure on it. Id be surprised if he's on crutches tomorrow. Id sit him next game no matter what. let Ennis get in there.

Guy's a bum he fully did that on purpose. what goes through players heads in situations like this. like comes on.
Kyperos is a moron as well. he should be fired and replaced with someone who can actually form a sentence.
Yeah he did it on purpose.
You do that when you know nobody will do anything in response.
Surprise.
No.
It's part of the game.
We are ultra soft.
Needs to be fixed.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Surprise.
No.
It's part of the game.
We are ultra soft.
Needs to be fixed.
I disagree to a certain degree. yes we are soft need to change that big time I agree with that. but guys dont intentionally put their knee's out there to intentionally hurt players because they know no one will stand up to them.....

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Surprise.
No.
It's part of the game.
We are ultra soft.
Needs to be fixed.

I guarantee you have no evidence to suggest Leafs get run at with illegal hits at a higher rate than other teams.

Leafs don't play a style of game that pisses other players off. Ugly hockey usually happens when one goon team comes across another goon team.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I guarantee you have no evidence to suggest Leafs get run at with illegal hits at a higher rate than other teams.

Leafs don't play a style of game that pisses other players off. Ugly hockey usually happens when one goon team comes across another goon team.
Or the playoffs happen.
There is that.
Nothing ugly about that game.
Or the hit.
Geez.
Check out how men USED to play the game.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I disagree to a certain degree. yes we are soft need to change that big time I agree with that. but guys dont intentionally put their knee's out there to intentionally hurt players because they know no one will stand up to them.....
Fair point.

Reactions: Oley49

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
I think its a contusion.
He'll probably miss a week or two. That's considered ''day to day'' in Babs' book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad