Johnny Gaudreau vs Auston Matthews

Which one

• Johnny Gaudreau

• Auston Matthews

Results are only viewable after voting.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Why is this entire website, Leaf fan or not, obsessed with the Leafs (and its fans)? People must be extremely bored with their own teams to have this obsession, which is strange to me as even in the Leafs darkest days I never got the urge to develop an obsession with another team and its fanbase.

EVERYONE is a Leaf fan, apparently. :)

Voted Matthews.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Why is this entire website, Leaf fan or not, obsessed with the Leafs (and its fans)? People must be extremely bored with their own teams to have this obsession, which is strange to me as even in the Leafs darkest days I never got the urge to develop an obsession with another team and its fanbase.
People like drama, and nothing stirs up more drama than Leafs vs X, unfortunately.

Reactions: Torgo

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Someone finally said it. Those are same people that believe Toronto get's too much coverage. Guess what, the obsession only proves that point even if it is negative comments.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
No one of sound mind would pick Gaudreau over Matthews. I don't see any team wining a cup with Gaudreau as their best player.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
Johnny is great but no GM would take him as a franchise starter over Auston. The guy is just built like a dominant centre and with the skill to boot. I want to see how Johnny does in this year's playoffs, him and Auston have both had up and down series.
You’re saying that no GM would take the guy who may win the Hart and the Art Ross this year over Matthews? Yeah I don’t buy it. Plus considering that Johnny’s making only almost half of Matthews salary, this is an easy pick.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You’re saying that no GM would take the guy who may win the Hart and the Art Ross this year over Matthews? Yeah I don’t buy it. Plus considering that Johnny’s making only almost half of Matthews salary, this is an easy pick.

That's exactly what I'm saying not to mention Matthews plays centre. The MVP thing is nice, Taylor Hall won it last year. It doesn't make you a franchise game changer and heck there are rumblings Jersey may be looking to deal Hall lol.

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
That's exactly what I'm saying not to mention Matthews plays centre. The MVP thing is nice, Taylor Hall won it last year. It doesn't make you a franchise game changer and heck there are rumblings Jersey may be looking to deal Hall lol.
Cool. I fundamentally disagree with your argument. Gaudreau’s a better player in my opinion. His combination of abilities to move the puck, score, and utilise his team is almost unparalleled, plus he’s on one of the best contracts in the game.

Easy choice.

Last edited:

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
I don't get why some people have a problem with posters using these boards for their purpose. No one forces you to open these threads just skip them if you don't like the title

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad