Value of: Johnny Gaudreau to Columbus

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Would love to get Elvis, kid looks legit and the Flames need a #1 starter. Package him with a good RD (really good prospect) and maybe a decent pick I think would get it done.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Hearing that Calgary might be trying to sign Hall which means Gaudreau gets traded 99%.

Columbus is interested.

Heard Calgary looking for a top 4 defenseman and a goalie.

Ryan Murray and Korpisalo / Merzlikins as a start ?
How'd you calculate that

Reactions: Why2Jay

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think getting Panarin for a song skewed the expectations of Jackets fans

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think getting Panarin for a song skewed the expectations of Jackets fans
I also think we've got to be a bit realistic. I think Gaudreau is worth a couple of 1st round picks. Merzlikins is worth a high 2nd. One of their RD is worth that too. Then you add in the 1st and I think the value is there. Johnny is an elite playmaker, but he only has 2 years left.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't see a piece that gets it done.

Plus Flames would sign Hall to add to Gaudreau. If we sign Hall and trade Gaudreau, I might be done with Flames hockey for a while

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Hearing that Calgary might be trying to sign Hall which means Gaudreau gets traded 99%.

Columbus is interested.

Heard Calgary looking for a top 4 defenseman and a goalie.

Ryan Murray and Korpisalo / Merzlikins as a start ?
Columbus is going to sigh Hall

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I also think we've got to be a bit realistic. I think Gaudreau is worth a couple of 1st round picks. Merzlikins is worth a high 2nd. One of their RD is worth that too. Then you add in the 1st and I think the value is there. Johnny is an elite playmaker, but he only has 2 years left.

So does Merzlikins... He would be a nice complimentary piece in a Johhny deal, but certainly not the main one.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
The only attractive pieces on CBJ are off-limits (PLD, Jones) so I don't think there is a deal to be made revolving around JG.

As for Korpi, he's an interesting piece for sure. However with the amount of goalies on the market I'm not interested in paying a premium for him, we could always run it back with Talbot/Rittich and go after Markstrom if need be.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Does anyone else get the feeling Flames fans will be mighty depressed with the return they eventually get for trading away Johnny G?

Reactions: CPTN71 and Fro

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Does anyone else get the feeling Flames fans will be mighty depressed with the return they eventually get for trading away Johnny G?
The more I see of this offseason the more convinced I become that the best thing to do this fall is add not subtract. The price good players are garnering is at an all time low. If we're moving anyone out I'd do it at the deadline not now.

Reactions: CPTN71 and McJedi

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Columbus doesn't have very many appealing pieces, at least ones they are willing to move.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

I mean I'd be pretty shocked if we trade him at all, so yeah, I would definitely be depressed

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Short of something around Bjorkstrand, there's nothing the Blue Jackets have they could realistically offer that would be overly enticing. They're just not good trading partners.

And if the Treliving trades the Flames' offensive engine for a goalie, he'll being signing his own pink slip. Unlikely he's anywhere near that dumb.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Columbus doesn’t have the pieces for this deal unless they gut their team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

We have a good GM, in terms of trades.

I think the waters been so tainted up north you guys don’t know what a good return would look like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad