Value of: Johnny Gaudreau to Columbus

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Hearing that Calgary might be trying to sign Hall which means Gaudreau gets traded 99%.

Columbus is interested.

Heard Calgary looking for a top 4 defenseman and a goalie.

Ryan Murray and Korpisalo / Merzlikins as a start ?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
A top 4 LHD is the last thing the Flames need. It’s a high end center prospect or bust for Gaudreau IMO

Flames should just keep him, he’s basically a smaller version of Hall. Fast and skilled but pretty soft

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Depends on where Markstom goes I would think. I like Murray but we need a RD not an LD, we are stacked at LD. Nutivaara, Merzlikins and a 1st would get it done for me.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Most attractive trade chip from CLB was just traded to Montreal. If they asked for Domi +, I imagine the offer from Columbus was Anderson + pick for Gaudreau, and Treliving rightfully declined.

Flames would be very interested in Seth Jones, but thats where the conversation would end. Not great trading partners any more.

On an unrelated note, I could see interest in Wennberg. Whats his story?

Reactions: Nanuuk and Schred

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Hearing that Calgary might be trying to sign Hall which means Gaudreau gets traded 99%.

Columbus is interested.

Heard Calgary looking for a top 4 defenseman and a goalie.

Ryan Murray and Korpisalo / Merzlikins as a start ?

We need a center, you guys got any? I know Pierre-Luc Dubois is off limits. I don't think we will get what we need with trading Gaudreau, it is better just to keep him and try to sign him.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We're not trading Gaudreau for a Dman and a goalie.

Murray, Merzlikins is way off anyway. Columbus doesn't have anything available that's of value to us

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Most attractive trade chip from CLB was just traded to Montreal. If they asked for Domi +, I imagine the offer from Columbus was Anderson + pick for Gaudreau, and Treliving rightfully declined.

Flames would be very interested in Seth Jones, but thats where the conversation would end. Not great trading partners any more.

On an unrelated note, I could see interest in Wennberg. Whats his story?

He is being bought out.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We're not trading Gaudreau for a Dman and a goalie.

Murray, Merzlikins is way off anyway. Columbus doesn't have anything available that's of value to us
Yes they do. Merzlikins is an interesting piece for sure. Nutivaari or Savard are interesting. I'm assuming Jones and PLD are off limits, but they have plenty of prospects too.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
trading for Gaudreau defeats the purpose....Columbus is better off throwing a boatload of money at Hall

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
trading for Gaudreau defeats the purpose....Columbus is better off throwing a boatload of money at Hall
Are they? Gaudreau makes his teammates better. Hall is a great individual player. They are very different styles of player. Gaudreau might take Dubois from an 18 goal scorer like last year to a 35 goal scorer. Hall won't do that.

Additionally, Hall has to choose to go to Columbus. I think he signs either in Colorado or Calgary.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Are they? Gaudreau makes his teammates better. Hall is a great individual player. They are very different styles of player. Gaudreau might take Dubois from an 18 goal scorer like last year to a 35 goal scorer. Hall won't do that.

Agreed. There's very noticeable consensus on the Jackets' board that the preference is JG >>>>>>> Hall. Laine is somewhere amongst the >>s as well.

Reactions: CanuckCity

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

Additionally, Hall has to choose to go to Columbus. I think he signs either in Colorado or Calgary.
The issue is a trade for Gaudreau won't have a goalie and an aging 4/5 dman as a center piece...adding Hall for cash is better than trading for Gaudreau

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
The issue is a trade for Gaudreau won't have a goalie and an aging 4/5 dman as a center piece...adding Hall for cash is better than trading for Gaudreau

Perhaps and there could be a sweetener. This is all about cost certainty. Columbus would know what they have with Gaudreau. Hall is a crap shoot and in case you haven't been paying attention, Columbus hasn't had the best luck with UFA's. I think Hall is option 3 personally. I think they look to trade for Gaudreau, then Laine. If those fail, they look to offer Hall a deal, and if that doesn't work Mike Hoffman.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
A goalie and an RD are our biggest needs. A first round pick has value too even if it's bottom half like the CBJ one is likely to be. Nutivaari and Savard are better than most people think.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
A goalie and an RD are our biggest needs. A first round pick has value too even if it's bottom half like the CBJ one is likely to be. Nutivaari and Savard are better than most people think.

The more I hang out on HFB, the more I think Savard is the most underrated D in the league (by fans). I don't want him traded, but ya gotta give to get.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The more I hang out on HFB, the more I think Savard is the most underrated D in the league (by fans). I don't want him traded, but ya gotta give to get.
I like Nutivaari just as much actually. Both to me are #4 D, but they are both right handed.

Reactions: Monk

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If Calgary is in on Hall then yes Johnny will be gone. I can see a few teams after him that can offer as good packages as the Jackets . It will be interesting to see. But I am on board with the line of thought of , why not try to sign Hall vs. paying assets for Johnny ?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Can we just stop saying NutivaarI its NutivaarA. Vaari means grandad..

For topic Korpisalo+Nutivaara+1st for JG

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Can we just stop saying NutivaarI its NutivaarA. Vaari means grandad..

For topic Korpisalo+Nutivaara+1st for JG
No, from now on his name is Nutivaari...

EDIT: On your proposal, Korpisalo is less interesting than Merzlikins.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
No, from now on his name is Nutivaari...

EDIT: On your proposal, Korpisalo is less interesting than Merzlikins.

Korpisalo->Kiprusoff->Korpisoff->Kiprusalo Merzlikins doesnt sound right. We have a trade right?:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad