Johnny Boychuk

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Man hes not a Norris candidate but we have a high end 2nd pairing D man who hits and steps it up in the playoffs. Hes a big part of the teams identity.

Im very happy to ride out his low/reasonable contract. Sort of see him leaving as a FA like Ference when its up but until then I'm very glad we have him.

Bingo - I'll be sad to see his eventual day he leaves come but he's still got plenty of tread left. His transformation as an offensive player in Providence who was not overly physical, I think led the league in points for defenseman and oh, that mullet to what he is today is startling to me. Craig Ramsey did a lot of work with him and its paid off for him,

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Personally believe JB would take a hometown discount for years

I certainly hope so, and i think you may be right... i think he loves being a Bruin.

Unfortunately, with the way our young D are developing before our eyes, it might take a reasonably large hometown discount for him to stay with this team.

Not that JB is old, it's just all the lower-paid talented young-er players behind him that will deserve a payday in the future. I love Boychuk and i hope we can manage to keep him long-term AND keep a least 2 out of Dougie, Krug, and Bart.

In a perfect world we'd keep all three young studs. They've shown such great composure off the bat, and Dougie looks more comfortable every game. Krug never looked uncomfortable. Bart has been playing as well as any D-man lately.

They bring a new dimension to this team that the Bruins needed. It will be hard to keep all three of them AND Manchuk.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
I would have thought letting Seidenberg walk a the end of this year made the most sense to have room for Johnny and the youngsters. But the Bruins brass signed him for four years. I highly doubt Dougie and Krug are allowed to leave or traded unless its a lot of value for either one of them. I can see Bart being trade bait before the dead line. I think Johnny is playing the best hockey right now on D.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hope hes OK whatever it is is probably extremely painful if he needed the medics help like that. JB is a great D man.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Any guesses on the penalty if a Habs player went off on a stretcher tonight?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Definitely something if it was Maxi who went off.

Knocking another player over in that proximity to the boards is a dangerous play be it from the front, back, or side if the hit makes him leave his feet in the direction of the boards its dangerous even if you don't nail the guy from behind in the numbers. But its hockey there is just no rule you can put in to protect players.

Boychuk has been astonishing at returning quickly from injury in the past so hopefully he is OK and takes whatever time he needs to heal up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halifaxhab*

It was an awkward fall for him. I really hope he's fine, no one wants to see injuries happen. I really hope he is just bruised and comes back for the next game.

as far as the rest, well, fan is short for fanatic so, you can always expect some crazed lunacy from any group. But the important thing is Boychuck is able to be absolutely fine.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
One of my favorites seems to always be someone to blame on defense for some fans.

For some, if comparing his play and decision making this year to his previous years, this has been, by far his most inconsistent so far IMO. Still love the hard nose game he plays but I could see the "business" of the game forcing Chia`s hand with him

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I would have thought letting Seidenberg walk a the end of this year made the most sense to have room for Johnny and the youngsters. But the Bruins brass signed him for four years. I highly doubt Dougie and Krug are allowed to leave or traded unless its a lot of value for either one of them. I can see Bart being trade bait before the dead line. I think Johnny is playing the best hockey right now on D.

I think Seidenberg and Boychuk are more important to this team than Krug. McQuaid too for that matter.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think Seidenberg and Boychuk are more important to this team than Krug. McQuaid too for that matter.

McQuaid yes, Krug no, the dimensions Krug brings are one`s almost every team looks for at the deadline, puck moving D-men are gold in this NHL

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
strange play. it looked nasty in real time, but not "stretcher nasty". Hope he's better soon.

I'm reading lower back? If that's the case then perhaps was it MP's right leg going into him after initial contact that did the damage?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
strange play. it looked nasty in real time, but not "stretcher nasty". Hope he's better soon.

I'm reading lower back? If that's the case then perhaps was it MP's right leg going into him after initial contact that did the damage?

Where did you read that? Just curious. It was a nasty fall as well as a collision, and IMO it's difficult to guage what part(s) of his body were hurt. I hope nothing's broken. :(

Alaix

I believe.
Mar 30, 2010
Any update on Boychuk's injury? Never like to see someone go down in pain like Johnny did yesterday. Even if I don't like the Bruins, here's hoping for a quick recovery.

According to Jarome Iginla, Boychuk injured his back in the first period when he was hit from behind by Max Pacioretty. Boychuk was taken off the ice on a stretcher. It is unknown how much time Boychuk will miss because of the injury. The Bruins host Pittsburgh on Saturday, then start a four-game Canadian road swing in Toronto the following night.

Source

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Any update on Boychuk's injury? Never like to see someone go down in pain like Johnny did yesterday. Even if I don't like the Bruins, here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Source

I trust Jarome as a source, but I'll have a hard time believing anything until we get an official diagnosis from Dr. Recchi.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Source

Iginla is really embracing his role as this year's Recchi.

Dr. Iggy has a nice ring to it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brick was on WEEI an hour ago for his outstanding weekly visit (will be on demand for those who havent boycotted the station) and he says Boychuk went by him gingerly on the bus heading towards his seat but JB made a few wise cracks and seemed in good spirits.

I expect him back sooner rather than later because he's Johnny Boychuk

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Brick was on WEEI an hour ago for his outstanding weekly visit (will be on demand for those who havent boycotted the station) and he says Boychuk went by him gingerly on the bus heading towards his seat but JB made a few wise cracks and seemed in good spirits.

I expect him back sooner rather than later because he's Johnny Boychuk

From what I've heard of Boychuk he'd crack wise on his deathbed, but that's good to know. I still want him to take his time coming back.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
With both Boychuk and McQuaid out what will the D look like? My guess:

Chara - Hamilton
Krug - Seidenberg
Bartkowski - Miller

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
With both Boychuk and McQuaid out what will the D look like? My guess:

Chara - Hamilton
Krug - Seidenberg
Bartkowski - Miller

Chara - 1083gp
Seidenberg - 605gp
Hamilton - 68gp
Krug - 31gp
Bartkowski - 34gp
Miller - 3gp

yikes. pretty scary when Dougie is a graybeard.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00