Johnny Boychuk

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
i could be wrong, but it was reported that he was texting from a movie theater last night - So the prognosis is bleak

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/boychuk-flies-home-bs-after-scary-back-injury
Boychuk was strapped to a backboard and wheeled off the ice on a stretcher before being whisked away to the hospital in an ambulance. a source told CSNNE.com that it was a lower back injury. The Bruins defenseman has already missed a game this season with back spasms, so it appears to be a worsening of a condition he was already managing.
---

“I was there beside him on the ice, and you could see that he was shaking, and that he couldn’t move,†said Milan Lucic, who, along with Chara, helped lift Boychuk onto the stretcher after a long time down on the ice. “It was unfortunate that you lose him in a game like this because he’s such an important part of our team. You just hope that he can fully recover from that.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's accurate. The Bruins tweeted the same info, per Julien.

Oh ***** :(

I've been there & done that as they say. Pain so intense it literally took my breath away- maybe that was why Johnny Rocket was having difficulty breathing after the hit.

Hopefully he won't be out too long.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I've been there & done that as they say. Pain so intense it literally took my breath away- maybe that was why Johnny Rocket was having difficulty breathing after the hit.

I have too. Back pain just makes you helpless. :(

Some more info from the Bruins site:

"Johnny’s getting an MRI today for his lower back and we’ll probably have some details for you guys tomorrow [Saturday] on that," he said.

The extent of the injury is not yet known, beyond that.

"We don’t know yet. You have to be very cautious making any comments because you never know when it comes to backs."

Julien will next speak with media following Boston's 10:30 a.m. pregame skate on Saturday, before hosting Pittsburgh.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=23628

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
lower back pain is probably the only injury that would make me miss a game.

worse than cracked ribs. worse than alot of broken bones.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
It was an awkward fall for him. I really hope he's fine, no one wants to see injuries happen. I really hope he is just bruised and comes back for the next game.

as far as the rest, well, fan is short for fanatic so, you can always expect some crazed lunacy from any group. But the important thing is Boychuck is able to be absolutely fine.

We tend to forget that the are not just hockey players. They are somebody's son,husband,father,sugardaddy.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA

Amen.
It looked like he torqued his spine. His extremities likely went numb for a bit, and as a result there's inflammation that makes it difficult (and scary) to move much.
I had the same experience as BMC. It's like you are an electric man, and someone pulls the plug.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Great news that he is only out about a week.

With just 3 days the minimum makes me wonder if he will go on the road trip.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I think that is the best news we could have hoped for! Thank goodness he didn't have spinal damage. Get better soon Johnny!

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Not that I am even remotely 1/10th the athlete Boychuck is but I had an eerily similar injury (not playing ice) to my back and was completely frozen and shaking on all fours like that and convinced I broke something in my back. Turned out to be a sprain that took me about a month to recover from. That was over ten years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday, it scared the **** outta me.

So glad that he did no serious damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad