Johnny Boychuk Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think it's all a factor. Maybe the offense would be clicking more if they could trust the defense to do more and Bergeron/Kelly weren't acting like 2nd goalies! Perhaps the offense would be opening up if it weren't so worried about making up for mistakes (and potential mistakes) by Bart, Miller, and McQuaid on the 2nd pairing.

Maybe... But I think that's a stretch. I haven't seen anything so glaringly awful from this defense that I think Boychuk could be considered a tipping point between winning and losing any of these three games.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Part of the plan, me thinks, included Hamilton and Krug making jumps this year

So far both have struggled.

Big part of the teams failures IMO. Need these two to step it up, our offense comes from the back end and counter attacking

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
I know it won't happen, not least because of me, but I wish we could put JB55 in the rear view mirror.

However painful, that's where he is.

Chiarelli put this team in cap jail and then had to deal a top 4 defenseman off the roster. It's going to be a story all season until they either replace boychuk or use those assets they traded him for to get a RW. So get use to it

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
So Johnny has 6 points and 2 goals in 2 games and a period for the season. We have 4 goals and a total of 10 points as a team in 4 games.

That is all folks.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
This what I'm most critical of.

Chiarelli is a GM that seems too often to trade DOWN. At least when it comes to his big guys. One or two guys for a package of assets. He got lucky in the Kessel deal, but he did it again with Seguin and if rumors are true, he settled for what the Stars were offering rather than getting his guys.
Packaging those assets though and trading UP (like he did for Kaberle and Horton) is usually the smarter play.

sorry if I missed this earlier, but can you expand on this?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can't wait to see Johnny accepting his Norris Trophy

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The list of players going to other teams and dramatically improving their production is getting pretty long. But outside of a 1-3 start, we don't really have much to compain about over the years. Just really weird. I wonder if Julien's system really curbs individual players' offensive potential that much, or if it's just a coincidence.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
The list of players going to other teams and dramatically improving their production is getting pretty long. But outside of a 1-3 start, we don't really have much to compain about over the years. Just really weird. I wonder if Julien's system really curbs individual players' offensive potential that much, or if it's just a coincidence.

Julien's system makes them an all around better player. Definitely takes a toll on their numbers, but overall he forms them. Still crazy though.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
The more points Johnny scores, the more I get infuriated with this trade and also wonder why we didn't use him as well as the Islanders are.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
If Johnny wins the Norris I'll die of hysterical laughter

I said he'd be a Norris candidate eventually, sometime during the 09-10 season. A bold prediction even today, but if he keeps it up...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
makes you wonder what Shea Weber's numbers would look like in Boston. If he had been here for the last 7 years would be be a 2nd pair shutdown guy with a big shot like Boychuk?

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I'm late to the party but why did they trade Boychuk again? Salary reasons? There was no one else to unload? It doesn't make sense to me.

Is Kelly a star forward? He's good but he looks like the only one that could switch - with about half a mill. still to work out? Anyway, I didn't examine it fully but it looks like a bad trade so they better hope they find gems in the draft?

Good trade for the Isles, though.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm late to the party but why did they trade Boychuk again? Salary reasons? There was no one else to unload? It doesn't make sense to me.

Is Kelly a star forward? He's good but he looks like the only one that could switch - with about half a mill. still to work out? Anyway, I didn't examine it fully but it looks like a bad trade so they better hope they find gems in the draft?

just don't

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

To your first three questions; look through the entire thread. Or not. Read it at you own risk.

Let's not get started again.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
2 goals on 4 shots (50%). 19 in his previous 641 (3%). I'm not buying the new found scoring touch. This is going to be a career year though. No question.

This team misses his steady 20-22 minutes a night. Shocker. None of Bartkowski, Miller, or McQuaid are capable of filling that void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad