John Tortorella rips into Jack Johnson, Jim Rutherford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Nothing wrong with what JJ said. He's happy to be on a team that always expects to win the cup. JT is overly sensitive if that angered him.

Now JR...i got nothing. :laugh: Very out of character for him. He usually says what he feels, but it's almost never controversial or confrontational.

Reactions: Viqsi

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Maybe the GM should ask how did we blow a two game lead playing the next two at home vs the Caps. Wanna answer that Johnny. Torts is a head case and always has been. His hatred for anything Penguins goes back years. Maybe the fact half of the crowd at BJ's games cheer for the Pens is just one more thing that he can't handle.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
No one wishes anything bad to happen to him and his family. We wish him the best. But for him to put it the way he put it today is bull****. And to have a general manager question our decision-making from three hours away, he must be a ****ing magician.
Oh torts. :laugh:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
reminds me of joe pesci , sometimes you have to watch out how you say things, people get wrong impression... GOODFELLAS - Fridays for girlfriends scene

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
How do you get so irate after watching Johnson's presser?

He talks about Pittsburgh's winning culture, then into how Sid drives the boat and is a guy who will always want to win no matter how much success he or his teams' have. That he looks forward to being a part of that. Looks forward to playing in a potent offense. Pretty much all of his comments were about Pittsburgh and the situation he's moving in to - not how much he's despised the situation he was in.

Like others, this sort of touchiness seems to stem from either truthful insinuations that GMJR made that struck a nerve - or from the fact that the Jackets just got outbid on Cole and lost out on Johnson in the same week. (Plus have their premier scoring wing stating how he'd like to play elsewhere)

Reactions: domaug

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
As soon as Rutherford said that shit I was here for the Torts clapback, so awesome. If Trotz said the Pens should have benched Letang because he wasn’t one of their top six it would have been classless. For the Jackson part I think he was just on a roll.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
fwiw thats the response to torts going mad
That's my point.

Tortorella goes on a tirade because of the way Johnson worded one sentence. He never disparaged the Blue Jackets. But it's Syd friggin Crosby and the team that repeated in 2016 and 17. That IS a winning culture.

I swear it's like Torts is still in high school.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Torts is a joke. Calls pittsburgh the most arrogant organization in the league and then whines all the time

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Torts on his ride home.....

BHDWUZ45FKKXZ4nmFMwQ4c1PhOI=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad