John Tortorella rips into Jack Johnson, Jim Rutherford

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
Please. That was a clear shot at the Jackets on something the guy has no clue about. Johnson got outplayed by six other guys -- end of story.

Sign the guy, be happy with your acquisition, and move the hell on.

Toe pick, serious question for you; what’s wrong with Johnson saying he wants to be a part of a winning culture? It is indeed a fact.

As for the two franchises, torts has been running his mouth about the Pens long before he got to Columbus (and continued to do so after he arrived) If he can’t handle the heat get out the kitchen.

Just a typical Torts BS article with him doing what he does best, whining like a little *****

Last edited by a moderator:

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
What did Rutherford say exactly? I can't read it unless I sign up for the athletic.

“I don’t think he had a bad year,” Rutherford told reporters in Pittsburgh. “He was a healthy scratch at the end of the season. I know the reason why. It wasn’t because of how he was playing.”

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Two flawed individuals. One has done a fair amount of winning though...
Yep
AR-140319621.jpg

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
“I don’t think he had a bad year,” Rutherford told reporters in Pittsburgh. “He was a healthy scratch at the end of the season. I know the reason why. It wasn’t because of how he was playing.”

I can see Torts getting upset at that comment. But, getting upset at Jack Johnson seems a bit much.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Toe pick, serious question for you; what’s wrong with Johnson saying he wants to be a part of a winning culture? It is indeed a fact.

As for the two franchises, torts has been running his mouth about the Pens long before he got to Columbus (and continued to do so after he arrived) If he can’t handle the heat get out the kitchen.

Just a typical Torts BS article with him doing what he does best, whining like a little *****

I like theses "serious question" posts that end with "whining like a little bitch" -- sounds very serious. Lol.

But to answer your "serious question" -- it can easily be interpreted as a dig at his former org that has endured quite a bit supporting him through his tenure here including his much publicised bankruptcy -- but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Glad Johnson has cleared the air.

Reactions: BCYa

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
I like theses "serious question" posts that end with "whining like a little *****" -- sounds very serious. Lol.

But to answer your "serious question" -- it can easily be interpreted as a dig at his former org that has endured quite a bit supporting him through his tenure here including his much publicised bankruptcy -- but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Glad Johnson has cleared the air.

I can interpret your response as a dig also, but I don’t care who you are or what you have to say, so it doesn’t affect me.

Torts is just angry the Pens are going to wipe the floor with the Jackets for the foreseeable future.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I don't think a lot of posters here realize the lengths the CBJ organization went through to help JJ with his personal problems. Torts is gonna Torts, but for JJ to say anything on the way out the door is gonna tweak anybody in the organization after all they went through.
How wrong can the CBJ be if JJ had to issue a statement saying he "misspoke"? This has nothing to do with records and rivalries and everything to do with class. Very little of it has been shown between all parties involved with this. Over JJ of all players.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Torts overreacted then. Even if the Pens' GM meant some disrespect, so what?

If JJ was a healthy scratch and Rutherford thought it wasn't because of poor play or injury, then he would obviously have some thoughts on it. He probably shouldn't have voiced it publicly and as it's obviously perceived as a slight, the CBJ will probably object. But, they all created controversy by telling it to the media. Torts was Torts, though - it sounds like.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
All I know is Johnson is going to be really motivated
If you just signed a veteran who has undperformed for his career because he wasn't motivated, then you just wasted a crapload of money.

Playing well isn't a "choice". Either you can or you can't. He can't.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad