Player Discussion: John Tavares- Part V (Mod Warning in OP)

Does JT stay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Do the Kings have enough room to even entertain Tavares right now? They have $8.4 million in cap space before Kovalchuk it looks like.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Do the Kings have enough room to even entertain Tavares right now? They have $8.4 million in cap space before Kovalchuk it looks like.

I would say no. Unless they do a crazy trade or three, but signing Kovalchuk seemed to end their run on Tavares.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
Yeah, $6.25M for Kovy. They'd have to clear $10M to have a shot at Tavares.
Yeah, LA isn't happening for JT anymore... I guess they played the odds and realized if he was leaving us it was probably for TOR and that they weren't really in the running, so they got Kovy.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I don't think LA is (or ever was) an option for Tavares.

It's Toronto or Long Island. Thinking it's going to be the NYI but until it happens, it hasn't.

The only thing that worries me is how drastic the chances have been, and how quickly after JT seemed to be wavering. He could see it as "too little too late, I've been an Islander for this long and NOW you decide to try and win!?!?!?"

And the Leafs will have a great pitch - video/ppt notwithstanding.

Tick tock.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I said this a few times but given that Tavares has waited this long to sign it would be sort of stupid not to even spend a couple days listening to what else is out there. My guess is he signs with us Thursday or Friday

Reactions: Instant

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Van, SJ, Toronto, ?, ? (assume not LA)

Just throwing these out(not saying it's a fact) but Buffalo, St Louis and Nashville

Maybe Montreal(Just for the super huge offer they will make to drive up his salary)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad