Confirmed with Link: John Sedgwick promoted to assistant general manager

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I was sure he was AGM already.

Even if the cap is a mess right now, I think MB is to blame and not him. So good job keeping him before someone else snatch him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What does he bring to the table? Not familiar with him

Here is a little light on what he's done and what he's been up to:

Montreal Canadiens general manager, Kent Hughes, announced on Wednesday that John Sedgwick has been promoted to assistant general manager.

Sedgwick initially joined the Canadiens in April 2013 as the director of legal affairs before being promoted to vice president of hockey operations and legal affairs in July 2017. His responsibilities include player contract negotiation and salary arbitration, daily management and strategic planning of the salary cap, as well as overseeing all matters related to the NHL-NHLPA collective bargaining agreement. Prior to joining the Canadiens, Sedgwick was a member of the National Hockey League's Hockey Operations Department in Toronto where he worked from 2006 to 2013.

Sedgwick was heavily involved in the launch of the Laval Rocket, while also serving as the principal Governor for the Rocket with the American Hockey League. He also oversaw the establishment of the Canadiens' new affiliation with the ECHL's Trois-Rivieres Lions.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
again a sign we have a top management,.
Not let ego get in the way, yes he was not their man, but he impressed and he gets promoted. Me like a lot hahah

Reactions: JuicyJofa

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sedgwick is this administration's Larry Carrière.

Larry was the only one from the Gainey/Gauthier administration to stay on board when MB came in.

I have a lot more faith in Sedgwick, as well as Gorton's and Hughes' ability to determine if someone is worth staying around.

Another one I think who will stay from the MB regime is Martin Lapointe. I don't know if he will be promoted to AGM and more involved in amateur scouting the way Timmins was or keep his role. But I have a feeling Lapointe will stay.

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad