Confirmed with Link: John Hynes to be named head coach

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
This hire and taking R Suter at his word are the biggest negatives going for Poile right now I think.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If he doesn't fire him I'm ready to back up the fire Poile truck and move him right out of town too. No way as an owner I would put up with this bullshit any longer.
Sparkle was joking in the GDT, but this type of play would surely depress season ticket sales and hurt the org's bottom line, no? That would have to prompt some action you'd think?

Reactions: PredsV82

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
How reliable is Dater?

He's a former Avalanche hack, I believe. He's iffy on trade rumors (aren't they all) but probably more in tune with this type of stuff. That said, Hynes being "in trouble" would be Captain Obvious-level speculation at this point to everyone (outside the Preds brass, apparently).

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Fire.jpg

Hynes.png

Is that correct?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Hynes is simply awful. It was obvious within a handful of games.

you either move on or you continue to let him self destruct this team, roster, franchise

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Optimistic tempered by knowing it will probably just be Richards (with the rest of the assistants retained) and they've all been part of this shitshow as well.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Just had one last thought: remember a couple years back when Duchene got caught talking a massive amount of shit abut his coach in an Uber?

How much shit do you think he is talking now about our coaching staff?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
At this point, I bet they let him finish this season. Poile retires in the offseason, and you start fresh with everything. As long as Poile gets something for our expiring players I can live with this.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
This x 1000. Between the coaching hire and signing way too many new players he really screwed the pooch. Hes got enough lifetime credibility to be forgiven IF he can see the error of his ways and fix it
Assumedly, Poile got rid of a large percentage of players to free up enough cap room to land Taylor Hall. And then Taylor Hall signed a one-year deal with Buffalo.

One seriously has to consider what Hynes role in all that was, because the results could not be more ugly at this point. Between porous defense, no offense, and retched special teams on a rotating basis, this team is playing the worst hockey in the Corona Central Division.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Assumedly, Poile got rid of a large percentage of players to free up enough cap room to land Taylor Hall. And then Taylor Hall signed a one-year deal with Buffalo.

One seriously has to consider what Hynes role in all that was, because the results could not be more ugly at this point. Between porous defense, no offense, and retched special teams on a rotating basis, this team is playing the worst hockey in the Corona Central Division.
Poile still had a chance to get a goal scorer in Hoffman but decided against it. So instead of getting a natural goal scorer he goes after 3rd line players to try and play in the top 6. Poile has to go along with his whole staff. Scouts and all. Because they don’t know how to scout a forward in the draft either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad