Confirmed with Link: John Hynes to be named head coach

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Makes sense. With them having to pay Lavy for next year as well and Hynes still being paid by the Devils this was also a smart move financially.

Not sold on Hynes, would've preferred Taylor from Milwaukee or DeBoer but let's give this guy a chance. Hopefully, he starts utilizing our team like it's built.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Not my first choice but it'll be interesting to see what he can do with a team loaded with talent unlike what he had in NJ. A lot of coaches struggled with their first team and then figured it out with the second. My main concern is that Hynes is jumping right back in without time as an assistant or minor league coach to reconsider some of his approaches like many of those other coaches did.

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
I hate this. Either we're gunning for a top 5-10 pick or this is a stop-gap until we hire the real replacement. I'm not sure who is best for the role, but Hynes isn't one that excites or instills confidence in Poile.

Regardless of the outcome, this is Poile's last coach. Now we need to start discussing who we'd like as GM.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Brutal. Just brutal.

Devils have decent team on paper and they were dead last with him. And that’s your guy Poile?

He looks like he should be sitting in a coffee shop somewhere.

Will be hard to tell him and dan muse apart if he loses some weight.

Reactions: Bleedred

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Know next to nothing about this guy. I can never tell if a coach is going to be any good in the NHL or not. I'm not excited about another retread. Maybe one man's trash is another's treasure.

Reactions: bdub24

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We hired Lavy after he was fired so I'm not judging yet. Is he part of the reason they haven't been very good? I don't know. Their team makeup isn't great though so I'm interested in seeing how he manages our squad, a much more talented one.

Reactions: bdub24

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Like many others, this move does not excite me at all.

But it is what it is and we have to give it a chance. The thing with Hynes is- had we hired him right out of his AHL stint, we would probably be fired up about it. He was highly successful in the AHL. Even more so than Karl Taylor, who many of us would have been happy with.

And there have been many examples of coaches who struggle in their first NHL job and go on to have great success

So we may as well give it a chance. As mentioned above, who would have ever though Craig Berube would do what he has done?

You just never know..

Reactions: Viqsi

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
To all not on board with this move, who would've you taken instead?

If Taylor wasn't an option because of his strong season in AHL and they not wanting to mess with that, who would've been your pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad