John Gibson

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
rumored gibson asked to be traded to his GM, for me he's the perfect goalie for toronto.

27 years old
Elite goaltender
He's in my top 5 goalie in the NHl but just playing in an awfull team
simple for me, he's in the same categorie of vasilevsky, hellebuyck, price...
6,4M for an other 7 years (good contract)

So my question if this rumor is true, What are you ready to give for John Gibson.

personnaly i go with sandin, amirov and andersen ( resign or i add more if not) if we need to give that much and you?

upload_2021-2-16_22-26-4.png

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Dostal coming up for Anaheim. Send Freddy home as a stop gap. Make it happen!

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Couldn’t imagine a better fit. One of the young D would likely be a part of it. Would hate to give up Sandin. But the other ones for Gibson I would do. 6.4 cap hit might be tough to fit in. Is there a legit rumour that he wants out? Haven’t heard it

Last edited:

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Gibson is good don't get me wrong. But still how much longer will he be effective?

He is 27 like you say. Signed for another 7.

Leafs moving on from Andersen is the point. No need to have an ace. Go with the platoon option many teams have in place. Acquiring Gibson ends up being same thing that Leafs have now.

I understand Gibson best years are now and maybe next year. Leafs are ofcourse shooting to win the Cup during this favourable covid season division and schedule.

Its tempting to pull the trigger but I would not do this.

Hang onto Sandin, Liljegren these guys will be major part of defense going forward. Amirov is the exact kind of weapon you need for TOR top heavy skill.

He can come into lineup cheap and provide good offense when he's ready.

I feel if Gibson is moved, he goes to Pittsburgh. They definitely need a Goalie.

Rumoured Pens also inquired on MAF in Vegas.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Gibson is good don't get me wrong. But still how much longer will he be effective?

Leafs moving on from Andersen is the point. No need to have an ace. Go with the platoon option many teams have in place. Acquiring Gibson ends up being same thing that Leafs have now.

I understand Gibson best years are now and maybe next year. Leafs are ofcourse shooting to win the Cup during this favourable covid season division and schedule.

Hang onto Sandin, Liljegren these guys will be major part of defense going forward. Amirov is the exact kind of weapon you need for TOR top heavy skill.

I feel if Gibson is moved, he goes to Pittsburgh. They definitely need a Goalie.

He’s just in his prime as a goalie, no worries about a drop off.

This is intriguing and would cost a decent price. I’d be aggressive could be the difference and we are in go for it mode now.

Reactions: GermanLeaf

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
rumored gibson asked to be traded to his GM, for me he's the perfect goalie for toronto.

27 years old
Elite goaltender

So my question if this rumor is true, What are you ready to give for John Gibson.

personnaly i go with sandin, amirov and andersen ( resign or i add more if not) if we need to give that much and you?

View attachment 397102
Nyet to Sandin

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Gibson/Andersen tandem? Wonder if that's ever been tried? ;)

In all seriousness, he'd be a tremendous add and is signed to a good contract. I'm sure the asking price would be something major (1st/prospect/young NHLer combo). I'd absolutely inquire though.

Reactions: audiotunesx

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
I think it would be great if Tavares can play with guys that are grinders, Anders Lee was and Tavares were ridiculously good together. I would give up Nylander for Gibson and move Andersen to Edmonton or just let him slip next year.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

I will ask you a question, if tampa would have kept bishop over Vasilevsky, would he still have won the cup? i don't think so. Just look what vasilevsky bring to tampa, its whats a goalie like gibson can bring to leafs

Pittsburgh What they will give to a rebuild team to get Gibson? Jarry who can strop nothing this season? Joseph? 1st pick for the next 3 season?

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-16_22-59-45.png
    upload_2021-2-16_22-59-45.png
    312 bytes · Views: 3

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
He’s just in his prime as a goalie, no worries about a drop off.

This is intriguing and would cost a decent price. I’d be aggressive could be the difference and we are in go for it mode now.
I'd prefer if Dubas addresses the LW hole. Need some size and defensively responsible winger and maybe try Rielly with Bogosian.

Andersen will be relied on especially with no return of Campbell yet. I'm intrigued to see what Hutchinson can bring in 2021. How sad is that?

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I will ask you a question, if tampa would have kept bishop over Vasilevsky, would he still have won the cup? i don't think so. Just look what vasilevsky bring to tampa, its whats a goalie like gibson can bring to leafs

Pittsburgh What they will give to a rebuild team to get Gibson? Jarry who can strop nothing this season? Joseph? 1st pick for the next 3 season?
Bad comparison.

Vasi was younger. And highly touted. He hit his potential. Anyone would keep Vasi over Bishop. Tampa was smart to move on from Bishop. Perfect timing. Maybe even a tad late. He was too injury prone.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Bad comparison.

Vasi was younger. And highly touted. He hit his potential. Anyone would keep Vasi over Bishop. Tampa was smart to move on from Bishop. Perfect timing. Maybe even a tad late. He was too injury prone.

vasilevsky is only one year younger...

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
vasilevsky is only one year younger...
I mean that he was a legit #1 by age 21 for Tampa.

He's a different comparison. I don't look at Gibson in the same light. He's a good goalie, but he'll cost a pretty penny with many interested parties. I just don't think Gibson will change much for Toronto. Honestly.

Even though Andersen makes many mistakes, a lot of issues here are still self induced more often than not. Simply bc they stop playing or feel sorry for being up 3+ goals. I'd wait until Campbell is back and see what they have there.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I'd prefer if Dubas addresses the LW hole. Need some size and defensively responsible winger and maybe try Rielly with Bogosian.

Andersen will be relied on especially with no return of Campbell yet. I'm intrigued to see what Hutchinson can bring in 2021. How sad is that?
A Gibson doesn’t become available too often and teams never get full value for their goalies, so I’d be really aggressive if true. Maybe we can do both with Anaheim, Rakell is a fit.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'd send them an offer.

Andersen + Engvall to cover the cap difference.

Then we need to figure out the futures. We have some pieces, but I wouldn't break the bank for Gibson.

If Gibson made 4 million he would be insanely valuable.

At 5 million he would be valuable.

Gibson at 6.4 million... for 7 years... I'm not paying a ton for that.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He’s a guy you give up A LOT for, our offense with him covering our defensive flaws is beautiful

Reactions: thusk

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary

27 years old
Elite goaltender

View attachment 397102

Rumour where ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad