Player Discussion John Gibson

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
In 9 playoffs games has a .912 SV% and a GAA 2.71

If we are to win the Cup or even reach the finals assuming we beat Edmonton we will need him to be better.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
gibson definitely needs to be better. he looked real nervous in g5 which doesn't bode well for 6 and 7.. hopefully hes not nervous and swimming

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Gibson has definitely been mediocre in the playoffs so far. He just hasn't shown the ability to take over a game like Rinne or other elite playoff goaltenders. As effective as he was during the regular season when healthy, he's been one of the worst netminders in the postseason.

Hopefully as he gets more experience he can also gain more confidence, but he's probably the one I'm most concerned about as we go deeper into our run. Especially with how bad he's been against Pittsburgh in the past, I just can't see us getting past them (if we get that far) unless he has a major turnaround.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Good game for Gibson helping us win game 7 happy that we didn't have Bernier start the game like some people wanted.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
These last two games he has been great. Hopefully he can keep this up, and these playoffs are a great experience for him.

Still got really nervous when he went and retrieved his stick last night

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
What is his injury?

Will he be back for next game?

I have $2500 on the Ducks winning series vs Preds.

I've watched Bernier a lot in the past and he is absolute GARBAGE.

Halp!

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
What is his injury?

Will he be back for next game?

I have $2500 on the Ducks winning series vs Preds.

I've watched Bernier a lot in the past and he is absolute GARBAGE.

Halp!

Gibson says he's playing. Whether he's cleared medically remains to be seen. If I had to guess I'd say groin based on his history.

Bernier is fully capable of winning, but it won't matter who's in net if the Ducks don't score more than 1 goal.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Gibson says he's playing. Whether he's cleared medically remains to be seen. If I had to guess I'd say groin based on his history.

Bernier is fully capable of winning, but it won't matter who's in net if the Ducks don't score more than 1 goal.

Of course he is because he is a NHL goalie all such goalies are capable of winning but different goalies have different odds. I don't like our odds at all with Bernier in net. He just doesn't have much experience in the playoffs (4 total games with 0 as a starter)

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Needs to get a trainer who can give him the proper regimen to strengthen his groin muscles or it's only going to get worse as he gets older.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Needs to get a trainer who can give him the proper regimen to strengthen his groin muscles or it's only going to get worse as he gets older.

Agreed. He needs to strengthen his groom muschles and improve his lateral movement. He also needs to learn how to hold on to his freaking sticks. Never seen a goalie lose his stick as much as he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad