Confirmed with Link: John Chayka Terminates Contract with Coyotes; Steve Sullivan named interim GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
ESPN reporting the job chayka left for May not be available anymore. Anyone else hearing that?

NHL rumors: Devils play key role in Coyotes drama with ex-GM John Chayka

Yikes. "According to a source, that opportunity may no longer be available to him."

Meruelo be like...

download.jpg

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Serious? Guess my sitting here on the bed and sRacial Sluring didn't come across in my reply, but I'm enjoying these boards too much to be serious.

WTF?

I write 'sni.gge.ring' and get a warning about racial slurring?

Has America really come to this?

This reminds me of the time during an election (possibly in Maryland?) where someone accused the state treasurer of being "ni.ggar.dly" and got labelled as a racist because people were too stupid and/or lazy to look up what the word actually means.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
WTF?

This reminds me of the time during an election (possibly in Maryland?) where someone accused the state treasurer of being "ni.ggar.dly" and got labelled as a racist because people were too stupid and/or lazy to look up what the word actually means.
That wasn't a warning. It's a filter.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. I bet most on this board could tell a story or two about their involvement with lawyers. Chayka is a choir boy compared to them.
I’ve had wording that guaranteed a minimum payout and still had to get lawyers involved.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I would love to see Craig Morgan do a Steve Sullivan deep-dive. I know Sullivan is busy in the bubble, but I’m less interested in what Sullivan himself has to say, honestly. I’d love to get quotes from other people and uncover things about him. How he handles himself, what is strengths are, and what he focuses on.

Chayka seems to love him and made damn sure to mention him in his official statement. I bet Chayka would be willing to talk about Sullivan, even if it had to be as an unnamed source.

Scott Allen might be a good source. Guys in Tucson, too. Nick Merkley maybe. I’m sure Craig Cunningham would be a perfect source for information. Maybe some other AGMs. Maloney or something

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I feel like Sullivan has a reasonable resume. Former player which comes with connections. 3+ years as AGM, and knows the organization. Not saying he's the best option, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the gig.

I'm with RT, and would prefer Lombardi.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
WTF?

My iPhone messes with me all the time. Even when I tell it I meant what I typed.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's probably BS considering the source but interesting fodder nonetheless:

Someone's gotta tell this buffoon we are already at the cap. I also doubt OEL has been shopped given his NMC, and I don't think Kessel makes sense as a cap casualty for Hall.

It's funny, the few times I have heard Gambo, he just calls OEL "Larsen". I think he thinks that's his last name, and Ekman is his first name....

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I think technology has hurt this world more than helped.

I strongly disagree. In part, because I'm hooked up to a lot of technology around my hospital bed, but mostly because there's no freaking hockey to watch and I'm getting grumpier by the day and in a mood to argue with anyone about anything.

I'll save myself a lot of typing and you a lot of reading and just suggest you do a Google on something like "benefits to technology" and then a similar search on the drawbacks.

Then we can get back to arguing about really important things like idiot coaches and bogus arena claims and why step one in the Jets' defensive strategy is always "Panic!".

rt

May 13, 2004
I strongly disagree. In part, because I'm hooked up to a lot of technology around my hospital bed, but mostly because there's no freaking hockey to watch and I'm getting grumpier by the day and in a mood to argue with anyone about anything.

I'll save myself a lot of typing and you a lot of reading and just suggest you do a Google on something like "benefits to technology" and then a similar search on the drawbacks.

Then we can get back to arguing about really important things like idiot coaches and bogus arena claims and why step one in the Jets' defensive strategy is always "Panic!".
I hope you feel better. Get well soon.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Someone's gotta tell this buffoon we are already at the cap. I also doubt OEL has been shopped given his NMC, and I don't think Kessel makes sense as a cap casualty for Hall.
I'm no fan of Gambo's once a month NHL hot takes, but I bet he has more and better actual connections than Morgan. I don't have any problem believing Meruelo wants to cut salary, that they are looking to move Kessel, or even that OEL has been shopped or offered ip before.

rt

May 13, 2004
Much appreciated but it probably won't happen.
Well, hoping for the best anyway. It sounds like you had an enviable career, you were able to live a snowbird lifestyle (which is a personal dream of mine I’m quite sure I won’t realize) and the way you mentioned your wife makes me suspect you’ve had a great partner through it all. It seems like you had a great run, and I hope you get to keep the good times going a while longer yet. :)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I was thinking only of the media, internet etc. etc. not the health care end of it. Get better. Are you in Canada now or in the US?

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Gambo’s takes on hockey are moronic and he also just straight up has said that he didn’t like Chayka as a person. However he does have insider info so that’s all I’m willing to give him when he talks coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad