John Cena out 6-9 months with shoulder injury

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Wyatt/Lesnar
Roman/HHH
Taker/Bryan
6-man match for the title (whoever can have it, just bill it as a the title match)
Tag team Ladders match
Filler Divas Match
NXT vs WWE battle royal

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think it's mostly agreed that heel Bálor is better than face Bálor. He's over because he is who he is, not because of what he does. Which is a big problem when you're making a debut on the main roster. Bullet Club is an instant cool factor that basically removes any questions of if he can get over or not.

Oh I agree, but I feel like there has been some people who think Finn doesn't have it because there isn't a ton of interesting things being done with face Balor.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think it's mostly agreed that heel Bálor is better than face Bálor. He's over because he is who he is, not because of what he does. Which is a big problem when you're making a debut on the main roster. Bullet Club is an instant cool factor that basically removes any questions of if he can get over or not.

Everyone is better as a heel.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Man that sucks, guy has a lot of miles on him in this business so u can't be too surprised. I hope when he returns he goes back to his US champion rule and drops it to put over someone young and deserving. The guy gets a lot of hate, but has given a ton to this business.

S A W F T*

But also knowing it's Super Cena he will be back in 2-3 months :laugh:

There are some who believe John Cena could possibly return in time for WrestleMania 32, although WWE isn't planning for that to happen. Meanwhile, the Observer is reporting Cena's shoulder injury was an ongoing thing, like he was having nagging problems and it got worse with how he trains.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/1...set-at-roman-reigns-promo-aj-styles-wwe-debut

Cena out 6-9 months...

WM is less than 3 months away. If Cena comes back 3 months early from the earliest part of the time table, I'm going to SMH.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I was wondering how bad it actually is. It's obviously something he couldn't just keep working on as there's no way he'd step back now when so many people are already out (not that the WWE wouldn't let him, but that he him self would do that to them).

But he rushed to surgery for it, like next day fast. So I wonder if this is something they can do a patch job on with shorter recovery times to get him back for the big show, or maybe it's just something that he might be able to recover quickly from.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I was wondering how bad it actually is. It's obviously something he couldn't just keep working on as there's no way he'd step back now when so many people are already out (not that the WWE wouldn't let him, but that he him self would do that to them).

But he rushed to surgery for it, like next day fast. So I wonder if this is something they can do a patch job on with shorter recovery times to get him back for the big show, or maybe it's just something that he might be able to recover quickly from.

If he is able to recover in half the time...scratch that, half the time from the low end of the estimate (6-9 months), then I would think there would be quite a number of people speculating if something unethical was taken by Cena in order to do so.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
6-9 months for the shoulder is a bit much. Obviously his job is very unique and different, but he will 10000000% be back before 6-9 months. I guarantee it.

IF they were smart, they should let him go the full 9. Do a bunch of hollywood stuff and stay away. Get that hunger again and come back for a final run.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
6-9 months for the shoulder is a bit much. Obviously his job is very unique and different, but he will 10000000% be back before 6-9 months. I guarantee it.

IF they were smart, they should let him go the full 9. Do a bunch of hollywood stuff and stay away. Get that hunger again and come back for a final run.

Could easily backfire. Time off could lead him to looking to get out quicker and do something that won't destroy his body.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is it a coincidence that Cena and Cesaro both train together, and both suffered identical shoulder injuries?
It probably not coincidence.

Meltzer goes into it on one of his recent shows, so look that up if you wanna listen.

Basically it comes down to what they're telling people do to in the Performance Centre. They train everyone to do olympic style lifting, and to lift heavy weights. This is opposed to the old system which was more bodybuilder style lifting, which is smaller and lighter lifts to work one group of muscles at a time.

This is what was prescribed by the experts to reduce injuries while giving a good training method. The logic being that you're doing a lift that works the entire body involving coordination, agility, balance, strength all at once; opposed to more cosmetic focused small lifts. So it makes sense.

The problem is that it's lifting a heavy weight, and weight lifting always results in injuries (it's just the nature of working out, you'll never eliminate them all). And we have had loads of shoulder injuries since they've been doing this. So he speculates that lifting heavy isn't the best idea for guys who are travelling and bumping a lot and don't have a lot of real recovery time like normal people would.

He also noted that when he trained years ago, older guys would tell him never to lift heavy weights over his head. Which he ofc did and he's now got a dodgy shoulder to show for it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wyatt/Lesnar
Roman/HHH
Taker/Bryan
6-man match for the title (whoever can have it, just bill it as a the title match)
Tag team Ladders match
Filler Divas Match
NXT vs WWE battle royal

8-10 man tag would be better. Have one woman on each team. Keep the NXT team members hidden until the show, perfect time to debut Bayley.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He had a complete tear on a small portion of the back rotator cuff tendon and had a large piece of loose tissue that had to be removed completely.

At least six months is the time table.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He had a complete tear on a small portion of the back rotator cuff tendon and had a large piece of loose tissue that had to be removed completely.

At least six months is the time table.

It's Cena. He'll be ready to be a surprise entrant in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and win!

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
It's Cena. He'll be ready to be a surprise entrant in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and win!

Which clearly means this is the year that the winner of the Andre the Giant memorial gets a title shot in the main event of WM :sarcasm:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
8-10 man tag would be better. Have one woman on each team. Keep the NXT team members hidden until the show, perfect time to debut Bayley.

I would like to see something like an NXT 10 Man Elimination Tag Match. Two guys in each corner and two more in the ring. Winner gets a shot at the NXT Championship or something.

Corbin
Apollo
Hideo
Joe
Zayn
Enzo (w/ Big Cass and Carmella)
Gable (w/ Jordan)
Murphy (w/ Blake and Alexa)
Gotch (w/ English)
Mojo

Give it 25 minutes and put it on the pre-show. Introduce these guys to a lot of people, featuring guys from both singles and tag. Some small guys, some big guys, some heels, some babyfaces, it's a nice cross-section of NXT talent.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I would like to see something like an NXT 10 Man Elimination Tag Match. Two guys in each corner and two more in the ring. Winner gets a shot at the NXT Championship or something.

Corbin
Apollo
Hideo
Joe
Zayn
Enzo (w/ Big Cass and Carmella)
Gable (w/ Jordan)
Murphy (w/ Blake and Alexa)
Gotch (w/ English)
Mojo

Give it 25 minutes and put it on the pre-show. Introduce these guys to a lot of people, featuring guys from both singles and tag. Some small guys, some big guys, some heels, some babyfaces, it's a nice cross-section of NXT talent.

I've sait it before but sooner or later it might be better to do "NXT showcase" type of matches on Raw or ppvs. They did that 4-way on Raw a year or two ago.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I've sait it before but sooner or later it might be better to do "NXT showcase" type of matches on Raw or ppvs. They did that 4-way on Raw a year or two ago.

I don't get why they don't do that now. Instead of just throwing these guys out on the main roster, have them have an NXT main event match do 25 minutes on SmackDown.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

That was actually a pretty good match. I was re-watching that the other day actually.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They did the showcase matches when the NXT Takeover events were just taking off.

If they wanted to give Apollo Crews 5-7 minutes on live TV in a showcase match to work his magic, that'd be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad