John Cena out 6-9 months with shoulder injury

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I don't know about that. Isn't HHH totally riding Roman's D as well?

H did support Reigns, but H also seems to know when to switch things up and go with the fans
He really wanted to have the swerve and have either Owens or Ambrose win at SS instead of Reigns

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I believe he is also really high on Finn. Or he was at least (no reason to think that has changed but I don't want to assume)

And it would be a pretty big swerve to have the top baby face star of NXT show up and heel his way to the top.

It's not something anyone even considered pre-bullet club signings.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Time for a full fledged invasion angle. Balor Club or a new Nexus (properly booked).

Knowing Vince, Jericho headlines against RVD.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I also wouldn't mind a swerve with Rock turning on Reigns in the Main Event setting up Rock vs Reigns at WM33.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Clearly god loves daniel bryan and will do everything in his power to get him back on the roster :laugh:

I know you shouldn't wish injury on people but i can't say i'm not glad cena is injured at this time. It will finally force WWE to do something with the youth.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Clearly god loves daniel bryan and will do everything in his power to get him back on the roster :laugh:

I know you shouldn't wish injury on people but i can't say i'm not glad cena is injured at this time. It will finally force WWE to do something with the youth.

I wouldn't hold your breath until it actually happens. They could easily just double down on Roman, feeding everyone to him, and using part timers like Jericho to fill in here and there. Vince could totally **** this up.

Also in hindsight this makes the decision to not turn one of Roman and Dean as SS look worse. Turning one of them (preferably Roman) would of created a natural feud that would of benefited both guys, elevated Dean to main event status, and lay the ground work for future Shield storylines when Seth returns which will all be money feuds.

Instead you now have zero full time main eventers with Dean stuck in the mid card as little brother, and Roman looking like a cheap fill in.

I just hope they see how much buzz their raid on New Japan created and see the potential in building off that and throwing everyone a huge curveball at the Rumble and into Mania.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Time for a full fledged invasion angle. Balor Club or a new Nexus (properly booked).

Knowing Vince, Jericho headlines against RVD.

First of all, I would totally watch that. Even in 2016.

Secondly, are those really the most Vince McMahon names you could come up with off the top of your head? :laugh:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well at least we won't get Cena vs Roman in a never ending, overcome the odds match in the main event. I honestly don't know what their going to do. Just let New Day do stuff for 3 hours I suppose.

Brock vs Reigns II looks like the best bet now....

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Batista anyone?

I'm all for major angles, but they got 100,000 to fill. You think the casual fans know who the NJ guys are? Even Styles? Balor doesn't even want to go on the main roster or even want to be at Mania last I heard so enough about him.

S A W F T*

Welp... looks like we're going to see some early NXT callups/pushes.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It'll be Rock vs. HHH vs. Michaels vs. Y2J vs. Mick Foley in a WWE just can't break out of 1997 match.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I've been trying to predict Wrestlemania but have literally no idea because it all depends on if WWE is going to do call-ups now. If it was me though, I'd plan something around:

Reigns/Lesnar
Triple H/Ambrose
Taker/Owens
Charlotte/Banks/Lynch/Paige
New Day/Usos/Lucha - TLC II
Wyatts/LoN

Not sure if they have time to effectively pull of a Wyatts face turn in time for Wrestlemania though. Although they did it with The Shield before Wrestlemania 30 so it can be done.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
They could turn the Wyatt's in a single show if they wanted to. Hell. They nearly did it on Raw when they confronted LON the first time. Wyatt only said a couple of lines and the crowd was all over it.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
They could turn the Wyatt's in a single show if they wanted to. Hell. They nearly did it on Raw when they confronted LON the first time. Wyatt only said a couple of lines and the crowd was all over it.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced - my name is BRAY WYATT."

That was so badass. I legitimately think that was an intentional testing-the-waters from WWE on a face turn.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Wyatts are probably the most underutilized and misused group in a long time. I think they've misused them worse than Nexus simply because the talent is there with the Wyatts and the dynamics of the group make sense. Plus, Bray consistently is able to make a story interesting for a while but the creative follow-up and finish always screw it up for the Wyatts. But he almost always regains his credibility and regains even just some interest in what he is doing. Bray made Roman interesting in that feud and put him over really well in his promos without making it cheesy. Any time his group goes against another group even somewhat established, it draws interest.

I'd love to see the Wyatts and Bullet Club down the road. And I hope for the sake of WWE's own good that if they build a faction war that they use the Chamber like the WarGames format.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, that line/bit was amazing. It was 100% a test on face Wyatt. Just like how Neville's 'wins' over Cena and Rollins were.

Face Wyatt is an insane run that they've got in their pocket and I think they know it, but I don't think this the time for it. A big part of that run needs to be against the Authority (or some faction running the place), and that story space is a bit crowed right now with Reigns vs Vince and stuff.

If we're bringing in Bálor and Club on the side of HHH, then we can't waste Wyatt's turn on them on the debut. Down the line it would work great.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
"I don't think we've been properly introduced - my name is BRAY WYATT."

That was so badass. I legitimately think that was an intentional testing-the-waters from WWE on a face turn.

I'm all over this. It's time the Wyatt's got the face turn... they've buried them as heels, let them save "face" (every pun intended, har dee har har) and shift them over.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I just can't see Balor coming in as a heel. He's just so bloody over as a face, and that's exactly what WWE needs. I would love to see them tie Balor into Taker/Kane... demons unite.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Maybe Balor Club debuts as faces and face the heel Wyatts at Mania?

It's WWE though so it'd probably be the League of Nations. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I've been down for a Wyatt face turn since 2014 with the whole Bryan angle. It just makes too much sense.

Do that, or do something big and have the Wyatts lay out Lesnar this Monday like they did Ryback and Show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just can't see Balor coming in as a heel. He's just so bloody over as a face, and that's exactly what WWE needs. I would love to see them tie Balor into Taker/Kane... demons unite.

There have been legit questions on just how far a face Balor can go right now. Some people like to claim he just doesn't have the charisma, which is bollocks. If you go back and watch his heel run as the leader of Bullet Club you can see how good Finn is outside of the ring. He is over, but some are bored of him and see limitations. Part of the reason he was put in a tag team was to get around this I believe.

I think its fair to say he needs something new to get him over the hope and into the stratosphere on the main roster and a heel turn with the bullet club most likely will be exactly what he needs.

Also when I said don't hold your breath on Vince getting this right. Already coming true. Jerhico is saying he is going to be around for a while now and pretty much told off anyone who doesn't like it. Vince just won't learn.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think it's mostly agreed that heel Bálor is better than face Bálor. He's over because he is who he is, not because of what he does. Which is a big problem when you're making a debut on the main roster. Bullet Club is an instant cool factor that basically removes any questions of if he can get over or not.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
We all know this wouldn't be a big deal if WWE pushed the guys that were obvious to be pushed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad