John Cena out 6-9 months with shoulder injury

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
WWE did this to themselves...they rode cena into the ground and now he's becoming more injury prone, they did it to orton too

i bet all the WM plans are being scrapped again

Well it officially takes the "passing of the torch" match off the table with Roman, and now leaves Taker with no decent match up.

So now they can do one of two things. Double down again on Roman and just make this the Roman Reigns show (leaving the rest of the potential WM card as a barren wasteland), OR they can push Roman out of the title picture and do the HHH match and use the Rumble and Fastlane to start multiple pushes around the roster to create a more balanced card.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I was also looking forward to seeing Cena back.

Perhaps all these injuries means they stop dicking around with their fresher talent. One can only hope.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Time for the WWE to wake the hell up. Look at the talent (Vince) you have that don't think have the right look or whatever else you have against them. Ziggler, Owens, Ambrose, Wyatt, Balor, Samoa Joe, Neville, Wade Barrett, Lesnar, the New Day, Usos and the rest. Time for HHH take the reigns over from Vince or Vince won't be a billionaire or even a millionaire because WM will be a big, huge crap show. Not hiding the new guys, if they have signed, in NXT. Bring the ones up like Balor and Joe. AJ, Anderson, Gallows, make it a Balor club. Time to usher in the new generation. And not bringing in the old guys like Taker or the Rock. So tired of the old guys taking a WM spot from someone who has been there all year sacrificing their bodies. Like Ambrose, Ziggler, Neville. Time to wake up.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Next few months should be interesting. Do they charge into Mania pushing the talents currently on the card or is there going to be a gigantic surge of NXT/NJPW guys crashing the roster and entering the Mania picture.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Next few months should be interesting. Do they charge into Mania pushing the talents currently on the card or is there going to be a gigantic surge of NXT/NJPW guys crashing the roster and entering the Mania picture.

Even more so because you have to imagine it changes some of their long term plans for the summer as well. Most guys won't me back yet and Brock will be back on break (maybe even longer since they seem to be using him more now then his original deal intended).

If they had plans to have a Roman/Cena match post Mania as a passing of the torch, that idea is gone now. Plus they have to postpone him breaking Flair's record.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
If 'Taker is putting someone over, I think you have to go with Wyatt.

What if he put over Owens?

They've already ruined Wyatt - Taker thing. They need to go with something else if they wanna sell Mania.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I could see Owens - Undertaker. Owens has to win though.

I'd like to see Ambrose face Triple H if they can blow off Reigns/Triple H at Fast Lane. Ambrose is much more anti-authority than Reigns is and it would be a natural story.

Oct 18, 2011
also this is the problem when you run a company based on 50/50 booking....there are no stars. everyone except for a few are mid carders, despite the fact WWE has alot of talent. WWE is to blame for not having stars ready to go, they made wyatt a joke, they ruined rusev...two guys who should be main event heels right now, and they aren't.

you know what would have been good for business? not having cena near the end of his career win that feud with kevin owens when he didn't need to, it would have given them a main event heel, instead owens got pushed down the card like everyone else that feuds with him

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
also this is the problem when you run a company based on 50/50 booking....there are no stars. everyone except for a few are mid carders, despite the fact WWE has alot of talent. WWE is to blame for not having stars ready to go, they made wyatt a joke, they ruined rusev...two guys who should be main event heels right now, and they aren't.

you know what would have been good for business? not having cena near the end of his career win that feud with kevin owens when he didn't need to, it would have given them a main event heel, instead owens got pushed down the card like everyone else that feuds with him

Well, fortunately - unless Creative ****s it up again - those same midcarders are capable of putting on a five star match at Mania, if/when given the opportunity. I'm confident that KO could headline, or Ambrose, or Wyatt...maybe not Rusev but he'd still figure in there, hopefully. This rash of injuries is a blessing in disguise, I'd say, because it forces WWE's hand and provides an opportunity where otherwise there would have been none, and Cena would have happily sat atop the mountain for another year. :help:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The saving grace needs to be an angle. They need a mega angle to take over the spotlight and sell tickets. Weirdly the Bullet Club makes a lot of sense right now.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Triple H is so winning the Rumble.

Triple H w/ Vince and Stephanie

vs.

Reigns w/ The Rock

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
What if he put over Owens?

They've already ruined Wyatt - Taker thing. They need to go with something else if they wanna sell Mania.
Agreed on both points. I would not be able to get up for a Wyatt victory over Taker. It's like when Cena beat Rock. Felt cheap.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The saving grace needs to be an angle. They need a mega angle to take over the spotlight and sell tickets. Weirdly the Bullet Club makes a lot of sense right now.

It's almost to perfect but Vince does seem to accidentally fall into the right way a lot.

A mega angle done properly can propel a decent amount of stars up at the same time and drive interest way up.

I have to imagine if there was any hesitation earlier in the week of potentially green lighting a mega Balor Club angle, a lot of it went out the window with the Cena news.

And they have to plan beyond mania as well since so many guys have uncertain time tables or out indefinitely.

Seth and Cesaro are the only guys progressing well I think. Orton last I heard is a mess. Sting most likely needs surgery. DB's situation is well known. Nikki doesn't sound good on the women's side (though it sounds like they can't wait to use it as a Total Divas angle).

Think they have to share someone of Roman's spotlight now. And try to elevate everyone.

KO is closest to being a main event heel right now. You can realistically get Bray into a mid card title picture at this point if you find a way to book him.

They need to do something with New Day outside of them being in their own bubble (obviously you don't want to change their gimmick as they move merch, but they need a legit feud. Not nightly 50/50 booking matches with the dragons/Dudleys. Tag Belts basically don't exist at the moment.)

Basically the rumble needs to introduce be a match of change and not a match whose sole purpose is to get Roman over.

Introducing Balor/Bullet club as HHH's new muscle and basically the stable that runs the place and determines everything that happens will be a much needed shake up.

If their solution is to use Someone like Jericho more then they are ****ed.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Unless they throw in Lesnar to make it a tag match, I'm convinced that will be the "main event" at WrestleMania.

Plus Undertaker vs BRAU STROWMAN...or whatever that lug is called

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think the company is so short sighted and I don't think HHH is so short sighted that they would book the culmination of Roman's feud with HHH be a title match.

HHH is not going into Mania as champ. It is just a monumentally bad idea especially when you have ****ing Brock working all three PPVs now.

Roman/HHH has to happen because the story is there to be finished, but it either happens at Fastlane or it happens at mania outside of the title picture.

The second option would be the wisest one.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bullet Club takeover in the Rumble. It'd be bad ass if Balor won the title on his first night with Bullet/Balor Club's backing and him being a Triple H guy, aligning as the heel. Reigns beats HHH at Fast Lane to get his rematch vs. Balor, but Balor wins at Wrestlemania, and it leads to a slow burn until Seth Rollins returns to do The Shield vs. Bullet/Balor Club. It'll never happen, but oh well.

(and lol @ me thinking WWE would put Balor over Reigns ever)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bullet Club takeover in the Rumble. It'd be bad ass if Balor won the title on his first night with Bullet/Balor Club's backing and him being a Triple H guy, aligning as the heel. Reigns beats HHH at Fast Lane to get his rematch vs. Balor, but Balor wins at Wrestlemania, and it leads to a slow burn until Seth Rollins returns to do The Shield vs. Bullet/Balor Club. It'll never happen, but oh well.

(and lol @ me thinking WWE would put Balor over Reigns ever)

I actually think Trips would put Finn over Roman but Vince and Dunn wont.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I actually think Trips would put Finn over Roman but Vince and Dunn wont.

And sadly, Vince still gets the last word on creative. Triple H would have to do a damn good job of walking Vince through the storyline into the summer which would culminate in a Shield vs. Balor Club Summerslam main event.

Reigns/Balor (w/Balor Club)
Ambrose/HHH
Wyatt/Lesnar
Owens/Taker

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
How long until Vince announces that ISIS has threatened the stadium, and announced a switch to a smaller venue?

In all seriousness, they're absolutely ****ed. The only thing left would be for Reigns to go down and that might just make Vince drop dead.

At this rate, I'm also expecting WWE to "make amends" with Hogan. With the way Vince was boasting about having this WrestleMania as the biggest one in history and watching it continue to go up in smoke, he'll become even more desperate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad