Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Man this sucks. Lupul is such a piece of glass it is unbelievable. The dude is always injured. Mind you, he is unbelievable when he is healthy and is very dangerous. It just frustrates me on how prone he is.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
That it's, I'm joining tanknation! :sarcasm:

Still early but I having a feeling this season will be reminiscent of those veteran teams from a decade ago. In 2003-04 I don't think there was once a full roster.

Lol, having Tucker, Mogilny, Nolan, Nieuwendyk and Roberts all in the line-up at the same time was a damn miracle.

Give me that little kid dancing at a disco GIF!!!!

Drake? :sarcasm:

young-drake-dancing-o.gif

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Haha....the over-reactions on here are hilarious. This is where the 'tweeting' world gets us. Someone says that Lupul is 'hobbling' and Leafs Nation goes bat **** crazy about his injury history.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That it's, I'm joining tanknation! :sarcasm:

Still early but I having a feeling this season will be reminiscent of those veteran teams from a decade ago. In 2003-04 I don't think there was once a full roster.

Meh, no reason to be that paranoid. Those teams were old!

Injuries are part of the game, no way around it. And I'm glad that the Leafs are such a young team, in the long run that will hopefully mean less injuries.

mikebel111*

lupul needs to wear protective gear, well everyone should. can't lose players now though based on the above post, he seems okay.

StanleyTOR

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
twitter.com
I was just about to post the tweet about seeing him walking out of the arena wearing dress shoes, haha!

He'll be fine, maybe sit him for a day? It's good that we have Clarkson back now to be honest -- depth regained.

Also, Im not sure if this has been posted yet, but:

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 14m
Leafs have called back up Josh Leivo for their trip to Columbus. May need him if Lupul's injury is serious.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I was just about to post the tweet about seeing him walking out of the arena wearing dress shoes, haha!

He'll be fine, maybe sit him for a day? It's good that we have Clarkson back now to be honest -- depth regained.

Also, Im not sure if this has been posted yet, but:

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 14m
Leafs have called back up Josh Leivo for their trip to Columbus. May need him if Lupul's injury is serious.

And i just posted a similar tweet to yours :cheers:

Hopefully its just a bruise.

In the meantime, congrats to Rielly, well deserved. Feels good when the decision seems like a mere formality. We've got ourselves a pretty good future with him around.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
"Lupul's foot might not be hurt too badly. Just saw him walking normally out of the arena, wearing dress shoes."
-@Michael_Traikos

Lies! I don't believe it. After all, this is Lupul we're talking about right?

Haha....the over-reactions on here are hilarious. This is where the 'tweeting' world gets us. Someone says that Lupul is 'hobbling' and Leafs Nation goes bat **** crazy about his injury history.

Can you blame us? Were you watching last season...or the season before...?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I suspect that for every one of these possible injuries that we hear about (because someone leaves the ice early or is limping, etc.), there are many more small injury concerns that we never even hear about.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Gets me everytime!! :laugh: I think my favourite aspect about this moment is the fact that Nonis is so polite that he actually covers his mouth when cursing :biglaugh:

Lol the gif is jokes but I'm pretty sure he did that cause he knows they're cameras pointed it him at all times.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good that he seems to be alright, but I think the points about taking precautions still stand pretty well. It's just stupid that someone with incredibly bad luck staying healthy would risk himself by not wearing protective equipment. It's fine this time, but what happens when its not?

Oh well, at least not the worst case scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad