Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Why worry until there is something concrete to worry about?

I've never understood why so many Internet posters are willing to look like idiots by jumping to conclusions about things.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Carlyle sounded really annoyed by Lupul for being stubborn and basically said he deserved it. And he's right, if Lupul just sucked it up and wore it he wouldn't be hurt. This injury really annoys me.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah this is definitely on Lupul. Pucks get shot during practice, wear the damn skates guards. Literally no good reason not to be taking common sense precautions during practice.

I swear if some guys refuse to wear them at practice then don't let them on the ice.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
You're overreacting to the fullest extent of the word.

Who knows if he's actually injured or not? He took a puck off the foot and is making sure everything is good.

It's like the last time he was "injured". He had to take a practice off but didn't miss a beat in terms of games.

Let's just breath in and wait to get results.

No its ridicules with him,most of these injuries could of been prevented... The highest level of hockey ive ever played is travel A, and even at 13-14 years old you are told to wear the wrist/lower arm and foot protectors. If you are honestly telling me that him wearing one of those sleeves that goes from your wrist to your lower elbow so that it doesnt interfere with movement, and wearing a foot protector is not his own fault... then im just going to laugh at you. If you know that you are going to be in front of the net all the time in the way of shots, its common sense to wear these things. I believe that 40-50% of the reason why you get injured, is the position that you put yourself in, choosing not to wear adequate protection is just as bad as going head first into the boards. It really doesnt matter if this injury is 0 days or 50 days, it could of been 100% prevented and thats what matters.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
This team and injuries this year. We've been lucky with some of the wins so far but with the injuries being so constantly annoying how long can we keep it up.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

I've never understood why so many Internet posters are willing to look like idiots by jumping to conclusions about things.

You don't usually worry when something is concrete. I know for me, if I were to worry, it'd be because there's potential problems that may arise. In this instance, it's missing time due to injury.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

Because most people don't care how they look on the internet - it's anonymous.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The team mandates that players where them. So technically Lupul broke a team rule. Real smart Joffrey...real smart. Dumbass

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
hope the x-ray comes back negative.. could it just be a bruise? and would he miss a game (or more) for a bruise?

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
During games, not practices. Take a chill pill.

Given Lupul's injury history, it's extremely dumb to not wear it. He's costing the team big time with these risks.

If it was any other player, I honestly wouldn't care, but it's Mr.Glass we're talking about here.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Can we just blend all these Lupul injury report threads into one long continuous thread. Seems like its a given that it'll be updated every few weeks given how the guy doesn't know the meaning of the word 'health'.

Might as well leave these threads open-ended til the next injury comes along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad