Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Good news.

I hope the rest of the players took note. There are enough injuries that will invariably occur throughout the course of a season without the need to also worry about those that are preventable in practice.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Everytime lupul gets body checked I cringe hard, guy can literally shatter at any second. He'd probably be top 15 in the league if he wasn't made of glass.

snizzbone*

Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 49s
#Leafs have recalled Josh Leivo. Joffrey Lupul has bruised foot (day-to-day) and will make trip to Columbus with the team today.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Everytime lupul gets body checked I cringe hard, guy can literally shatter at any second. He'd probably be top 15 in the league if he wasn't made of glass.

Really? My attitude is injuries can happen to anyone at anytime, so I don't particularly worry about anything like that. The fact that Lupul is injury prone is probably why his cap hit is only $5.25M. It would probably be higher if he had fewer injury problems.

SteveV*

Simply ridiculous that Lupes wasn't wearing protection the team wants on during practice. It's practice!

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
Not a game, not a game. We talkin' about practice.

Just wear the damn things, Lupul. :shakehead

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The leivo callup ws probably planned all along.

Yeah, he's played well enough to be on the team as their first call up.

I think he plays ahead of Bodie on Friday night.

Leivo has great potential.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Glad he's only day to day but annoyed at the fact that players are disregarding mandatory practice procedure and getting injured as a result. Hopefully he plays but if he's unable to, I won't feel sorry for him...I just feel sorry that he's put his team at a disadvantage by not being able to play or play well because of it. Wasn't smart on Kulemin's part either but Kulemin has a pretty healthy record in his career. Lupul doesn't. The universe is finding ways to injure one body part at a time on that man...he needs to at least suck it up and wear it during practice.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
So if Lupul is out vs Columbus, then line-ups would look like this:

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Leivo-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-McClement
Orr-Smith-Bodie

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Can he not stay Healthy? It seems he gets injured in the most stupid ways.Why wouldn't you wear protective gear, when you have a history of past injuries just like this one?

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
So if Lupul is out vs Columbus, then line-ups would look like this:

JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Leivo-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Bolland-McClement
Orr-Smith-Bodie

Leivo is Right handed and is best used as a RW

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Raymond-Kadri-Clarkson
McClement-Bolland-Leivo
Bodie-Smith-Orr

wulfio*

painfully obvious who here hasn't played hockey.

Injuries happen in practice. Lupul is not injury prone. Toronto media and you people just have no lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad