Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul (Grade 2 Groin Strain)

wulfio*

I think this is laziness, only majority of groin strains happen with goaltenders

There is no excuse, stretch properly and you'll be fine. And its crazy because there was no replay of a bad hit or split situation.

So you've clearly never played competitive sports before...

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So are we doing no call up in Lupul's absence?

Would have liked to see Leivo or Smith get a call up.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
Carlyle can't call up Leivo because he then risks the team scoring goals, which isn't hard enough for him and Loiselle. Hits are what give you wins, not goals. duh

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Why am I not surprised?

Lupul won't be back until atleast mid December with a Grade 2 groin strain. Could be longer if it's anything comparable to Quicks.

I am Lupul fan but this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. If he suffers another injury in the new year, I'd be looking for a trade...

Is that a guess or an actual time for how long that type of injury takes to heal? I have no clue, I'm not a doctor.

wulfio*

Actually Ive played Junior A hockey. I said "majority"

You also said the groin injury is a result of laziness... Can't do anything else but say lol. Considering Lupul is praised by the organization as being one of the hardest workers off the ice, I find your vindictive attitude confusing.

It is very possible to tweak a groin while not playing goalie despite all the preparation in the world, and if you did indeed play at least juniors, you shouldn't have such an arm chair GM perspective on the matter. You can take all the preventative measures in the world, and do your due diligence, but injuries can happen in spite of all that.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
id be pretty fricken shocked if it was 2 weeks. every time the leafs give a definitive statement like that it ends up being 2-3 months. id be shocked if he was back before the winter classic. not trying to be a hater but my gut feeling is its worse then they are saying and we need lupul for the playoffs so no point to rush back only to make things even worse.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
id be pretty fricken shocked if it was 2 weeks. every time the leafs give a definitive statement like that it ends up being 2-3 months. id be shocked if he was back before the winter classic. not trying to be a hater but my gut feeling is its worse then they are saying and we need lupul for the playoffs so no point to rush back only to make things even worse.

We've only played 24 games so far and you're talking as if we're already guaranteed a playoff spot. We need Lupul to actually help us make the playoffs first.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
omgcat.gif

Can't believe they disclosed the injury and ETA for return.......

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
You also said the groin injury is a result of laziness... Can't do anything else but say lol. Considering Lupul is praised by the organization as being one of the hardest workers off the ice, I find your vindictive attitude confusing.

It is very possible to tweak a groin while not playing goalie despite all the preparation in the world, and if you did indeed play at least juniors, you shouldn't have such an arm chair GM perspective on the matter. You can take all the preventative measures in the world, and do your due diligence, but injuries can happen in spite of all that.

Ok you win... I think i clearly made a point that I dont think Lupul stretched as much as he did wear foot protection that almost broke his foot in practice.

Yeah injuries can happen, but like I said there was no replay of where he tweaked it unless he had already hurt it.

Big Lupul fan, one of the best on the Leafs but these injuries are too frequent to start questioning the players preparations not bad luck. Except the Dion slapshot that is all Dion :laugh:.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Is that a guess or an actual time for how long that type of injury takes to heal? I have no clue, I'm not a doctor.

When Quick got injured with his grade 2 groin strain, they said the standard recovery time is 4-6 weeks. Carlyle reported that Lupul had a grade 2 strain but he said this the night of the injury and said that he would get tests done the next day. It's possible that the inconclusive diagnosis on site was a grade 2 strain and actual tests revealed that it was a lesser injury. TSN is reporting that Lupul will miss 2 weeks which isn't in line with the standard recovery time of what the original diagnosis was.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I think this is laziness, only majority of groin strains happen with goaltenders

There is no excuse, stretch properly and you'll be fine. And its crazy because there was no replay of a bad hit or split situation.

There's more than 2 ways to injure your groin.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
We've only played 24 games so far and you're talking as if we're already guaranteed a playoff spot. We need Lupul to actually help us make the playoffs first.

bottom line is it is going to take as long as it is going to take to heal. i would rather him not rush just to get back so he can play game 35-45. its a long season and an even longer playoffs. its true we havent made the playoffs yet but i would rather lose lupul for 15-20 games now then have him be out longer possibly.

either way, my point was that every time the maple leafs say a player is going to be out because of injury for x amount of games you can take that initial estimate and double or even triple the amount of time to get the real number.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I'm sorry but that Lupul contract has to be the worst on the team:

Guy is being paid right through until 16/17 and he has yet to put a full season together if you ask me. Skilled player no doubt but he's also an utter waste of money and a roster spot as well IMO.

mikebel111*

I love lupul

but it's really laughable that people wanted him captain over dion.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I'm sorry but that Lupul contract has to be the worst on the team:

Guy is being paid right through until 16/17 and he has yet to put a full season together if you ask me. Skilled player no doubt but he's also an utter waste of money and a roster spot as well IMO.
Still hate the Clarkson one more.... but Lupul is annoying with the glass man tendencies

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00