Injury Report: Joffrey Lupul (Grade 2 Groin Strain)

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i love Lupul and supported him since even before the trade but man, what doesnt injure him? lol

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
Put Holland on the wing, heard he can play it.

i'd rather move Kadri to the wing. Then move McClement to 4th line and get Trevor Smith back in the lineup. Smith can at least provide some offense. McClement has no offensive instincts.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kadri-Holland-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-Kulemin
McClement-Smithson-Orr

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
i'd rather move Kadri to the wing. Then move McClement to 4th line and get Trevor Smith back in the lineup. Smith can at least provide some offense. McClement has no offensive instincts.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kadri-Holland-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-Kulemin
McClement-Smithson-Orr

You don't move your future bonafid #1/#2C to the wing for someone like Holland, seems silly to me.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kadri-Holland-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-Kulemin
McClement-Smithson-Orr

Lines 2-3 are cringeworthy

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Kadri-Holland-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-Kulemin
McClement-Smithson-Orr

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Raymond-Kadri-Clarkson
Mcclement-Holland-Kulemin
Ashton/Maclaren-Smithson-Orr

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Love for Lupul aside, he is unreliable. He's like your favorite cousin that lives in another country. When you're having the time of your life with him you know it has a fast expiry date because he has to go back home. Then you wait until the next visit.

We need guys who will always be here. Lupul doesn't even crash and bang that much and rarely gets rocked ( see Grabovski lol ) so it makes no sense he's always injured.

It is what it is, and it's what we don't need.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I dont mind early season injuries like this, he's usually shown up for big games late season to get the wins we need(minus the 2011-12 season where he got injured and pretty much ended our hopes).

He's paid exactly like he should be at 5.25m, he's a first line player, but with injury issues, so he doesnt get that extra few million.

It sucks that he's out,but we like many good teams should, have the depth to cover for this for a bit, I just hope its not TOO long.

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Kulemin - Kadri - Clarkson line could work out well. Kulie deserves another shot to prove himself in an offensive role for a few games imo.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i'm still glad lupul is on the team... sucks that he's hurt... hopefully he wont be out too long.

we'll be fine in the mean time though... we've got guys like Holland, Levio, Ashton, etc. who can fill in.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So I googled about grade 2 groin strains and apparently it's not good. It's the same injury Quick has and the estimated rehabilitation period is 4-6 weeks. He's a great player but for 5M+, 5 years, Nonis is going to have to find a away to bubble wrap this guy if he wants to get the most out of his investment. I get that injuries happen but with guys that get regularly injured compared to the other guys around the league, it's hard to wrap my head around that kind of bad luck.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
someone should go and kiss it better.
I - will take one for the team, and do so :)

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
So I googled about grade 2 groin strains and apparently it's not good. It's the same injury Quick has and the estimated rehabilitation period is 4-6 weeks. He's a great player but for 5M+, 5 years, Nonis is going to have to find a away to bubble wrap this guy if he wants to get the most out of his investment. I get that injuries happen but with guys that get regularly injured compared to the other guys around the league, it's hard to wrap my head around that kind of bad luck.

Pretty sure a grade 3 sprain/strain is a tear. So take that for what it's worth.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Get rid of the fool. Useless to the team if he gets hurt every week and can't contribute. He will make a better living doing photo shoots for GQ than playing hockey

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Dammit not again. He's becoming like Tim Connoly 2.0.

When Lupul is healthy he plays with heart and tries to make stuff happen if the team is having a bad game.

thunderhawk905*

Why am I not surprised?

Lupul won't be back until atleast mid December with a Grade 2 groin strain. Could be longer if it's anything comparable to Quicks.

I am Lupul fan but this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. If he suffers another injury in the new year, I'd be looking for a trade...

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
I think this is laziness, only majority of groin strains happen with goaltenders

There is no excuse, stretch properly and you'll be fine. And its crazy because there was no replay of a bad hit or split situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad