Joel Quenneville...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I want Slowminnen out too, I dont think the team should carry him for the sake of him wanting to win the cup. I just dont think its fair for Runblad or the fans or the team.

Timonen has not been good, but he also has not been nearly as bad as Rozsival. While Timo is invisible and therefore basically neutral, Rozy is a constant negative with his poor positioning and constant turnovers. I'll take neutral over negative any day.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Q is pathetic with his lineup and has been for years as we all have witnessed

FOUR line up changes need to be executed by next game or this series is in jeopardy

Take out both Roszival and Slowminen

Bring is Runblad and Cuminsky (atleast we get younger and faster)

Take out Nordstrom put in Vermette

Take out Crawford for good, send him to play for Rockford till the end of the playoffs, I am sick of this guy and his mental fragility. Put in the man Darling!!!

Result: Hawks win the series

i will not argue with some of these moves, if Q doesn't do something about Crow before too long he may be eating Crow (no pun intended)

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
No, those are just the 2 changes that need to be made. Rozy out, Cumiskey in. Vermette in for Steeger or Richards or Nordy.

this

Q looks bad because his goal tending has been bad. Minnesota Wild and Mike Yeo looked dead in the water until they got a goalie. Q makes good enough decisions and really outcoaches the opposition more often then not. I have faith he will figure this out.

exactly and no rocket science to figure this out, just because he hauls in 6 bills it doesn't mean he should be the go to guy, some goalies are steady for years some not, like in any sport.

Last edited by a moderator:

magicbar

Nov 15, 2007
Chicago and Tucson
Yet with all of Q's "stupid" coaching decisions, he has managed 2 cups, 2 more Western Conference Finals and gained home ice advantage in this series. What a horrible coach!!!

3 changes needed:

Dress Vermette/ Scratch Versteeg (undisciplined to say the very least)

Dress Rundblad or Cumiskey/ Scratch Timmonen (Game speed is too high for him)

Darling in the net over Crawford - What I did not like from Crawford last night was that he "quit" trying . After the 4 goal, he just seemed to give up which is never a desirable trait from such an important position as goalie. Worst case Darling can't take the heat and Crow goes back in for Game 4 and we need another road victory.

For as horrible as the Hawks played overall in Nashville - They are coming back to the UC with the series evened up at 1-1.

Big Picture!

massey1984

Some Guy from the Chicago suburbs
Jun 2, 2009
McHenry County
I think Q is a great motivator but there's a clear and growing disconnect between Q and Stan in regards to the team being built and the team Q wants to coach. It needs to be fixed on either end.

Boom. +1 I don't expect Q to be fired, but I wouldn't be shocked either. Sitting 2 of the 3 guys Bowman traded for seems like a big F-you move to me. Q's biggest downfall is his loyalty to "his" guys.

Versteeg, Richards, and Rozy shouldn't be in...Vermette, Desjardins, and Rundbald or Cuminsky should be.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Vermette-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Nordstrom
TT-Kruger-Desjardins

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I want Slowminnen out too, I dont think the team should carry him for the sake of him wanting to win the cup. I just dont think its fair for Runblad or the fans or the team.

Its not fair to Hawks players to have a guy like Rundblad on NHL roster let alone ice

As of right now the failings of this roster are squarely on Bowman for his refusal or inability to stock the roster with guys Q would play

Instead Bowman has acquired a long list of high profile failures such as Rundblad , Erixon , Vermette and Timonen often at expense of Hawks future (Outside of Erixon who was acquired simply for failed prospect Jeremy Morin)

Last edited:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Yet with all of Q's "stupid" coaching decisions, he has managed 2 cups, 2 more Western Conference Finals and gained home ice advantage in this series. What a horrible coach!!!

3 changes needed:

Darling in the net over Crawford - What I did not like from Crawford last night was that he "quit" trying . After the 4 goal, he just seemed to give up which is never a desirable trait from such an important position as goalie. Worst case Darling can't take the heat and Crow goes back in for Game 4 and we need another road victory.

For as horrible as the Hawks played overall in Nashville - They are coming back to the UC with the series evened up at 1-1.

Big Picture!

And from a dude that hauls in 6 Mil.,,,not a good example, he needs a kick in the ass.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Boom. +1 I don't expect Q to be fired, but I wouldn't be shocked either. Sitting 2 of the 3 guys Bowman traded for seems like a big F-you move to me. Q's biggest downfall is his loyalty to "his" guys.

Versteeg, Richards, and Rozy shouldn't be in...Vermette, Desjardins, and Rundbald or Cuminsky should be.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Vermette-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Nordstrom
TT-Kruger-Desjardins

I have liked the play of Desjardins, he has played pretty good and provided this team with some energy before being scratched.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
This thread lost most of its credibility after putting Crawford in Rockford was mentioned.

That said, I do agree that there is a disconnect between Stan and Q, and I think Q's the odd man out here. Stan's trying to put together a competitive team but Q isn't putting together the roster like it's designed.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Just...baffling. So much wrong with his decisions so far in these playoffs, and we're only two games in.

:help:

The lineup decisions and the lines he puts together with the guys he is dressing, are mind boggling.

No reason whatsoever for Vermette to be sitting.

No reason whatsoever for Nordstrom to ever see the ice in the playoffs.

Rozsival....wow.

Bickell....wow....

Sharp not playing on the top lines....inexcusable. He played less than Kruger and Nordstrom in game 1!!!!

The PP units are absolute clownshoes. Hawks don't have clue #1 about how to setup an effective PP unit. Here's a hint. Four left-handed shots, with the only right-handed shot standing in front of the net, really doesn't work.... There are two shooting options and everyone on the ice knows it. The 2nd PP unit is 2 right-handed shots on the point.... BASIC PP STRATEGY. GUYS ON THEIR OFF-HAND TAKING ONE-TIMERS.

I'm just at a loss as to how a coach with this much experience, can lack this much common sense.

This is spot on and I've been saying it for years. He's EXTREMELY overrated, and once he has a roster that's comparable to his peers he gets exposed. This Hawks team NEEDS a coach that can coax the most out of the team through roster manipulation and smart choices. BHWC would disagree because he's a blind Roszival homer and an inexcusable Rundblad hater, but Rundblad should have been playing consistently over the Skating Nursing Home a long time ago and there are stats that scream LOUDLY for that. Instead he sticks with a player that brings absolutely nothing to the ice. Add in other misuses, such as TT, Keith on the PP, and Bickell's excessive ice time and you have a handful of the many ridiculous moves this guy makes.

Part of me almost wants us to lose to get this clown out of here as I really feel it would benefit the franchise over the long term. Him sticking with Handzus already cost us one Cup, and I feel he will cost us 1-2 more over the coming years. The PP, which has been a ****ing joke, likely would have scored 10 + goals with proper setup and personnel.

The Q lovers need to wake the **** up. He's only capable of winning with far superior rosters that can mask his numerous mistakes. This team is capable of winning, but isn't superior enough to win with him at the helm. I'd love to be proven wrong but doubt that will be the case.

I will give him props on the Darling move. This is one of his few personnel moves (his senseless handling of Bickell, Stalberg, and Saad in the past) that was justifiable and correctly handled.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Its not fair to Hawks players to have a guy like Rundblad on NHL roster let alone ice

As of right now the failings of this roster are squarely on Bowman for his refusal or inability to stock the roster with guys Q would play

Instead Bowman has acquired a long list of high profile failures such as Rundblad , Erixon , Vermette and Timonen often at expense of Hawks future (Outside of Erixon who was acquired simply for failed prospect Jeremy Morin)

Bwahahahaha. I didn't even get to this post yet and knew it would be here.

Look at the stats. One is + 13 or so playing the same role, while the other was a - player. Those are pretty much apple to apple comparisons which actually allow the +/- stat to be useful.

Rundblad is >> Roszy. The fact that you continue to spout otherwise only hurts your credulity.

That's not saying that I think Rundblad is great, rather that Roszy is THAT bad. We have several AHL players that would be better options.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Timonen has not been good, but he also has not been nearly as bad as Rozsival. While Timo is invisible and therefore basically neutral, Rozy is a constant negative with his poor positioning and constant turnovers. I'll take neutral over negative any day.

This x 1000.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I'll just say this.

I really wish Nick Leddy was still on this team.

He should have been locked up on a team friendly bridge deal before Stan even thought of signing Bickell. It was obvious even at that point what kind of player Leddy would become.

Then at that point I would have traded Oduya and made it clear that Leddy was the #4 with Hammer. Q's handling of Leddy was downright criminal. He should have been our PP QB 3 ****ing years ago.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I thought it was neat that Leddy picked Keith's number when he hit the road, definitely would rather Leddy now rather than hope Pokka turns out in the future.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lmao have you seen Rundblad skate? They wouldn't get faster with him in the lineup. No way they're better off with him playing.

I watch every Hawks game, have done so for the past 7 years. Say what you want about his skating but the guy as bad as he is, he is still a better skater than both those guys, not to mention he has a great shot, plays very well in the O zone and the kicker is and I don't like to talk about stats he is a +17 which is highest in the team among dmen which means when he has been on the ice the team has scored 17 more goals than they have let in. not to mention he us younger and has potential to improve from game to game. There was a stretch when Q actually played him for a stretch of games and you could see his D game improve till he decided to bench him for the old grandpas. If Q had stuck with him then he would have been more than ready for action right now. I am sick of people saying the guy sucks, he is the best option we have after the main 4, then comes Cuminsky then the two that Q plays.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Next year when Pokka is playing you'll feel differently. We could not have paid Leddy and got something for him.

Good move on Bowman.

He could have fit under the cap this year if bowman was careful and didn't sign Rosy for two years which I am sure they tried to get rid of him this past summer but no one wanted his slow a**. So not good move bowman, very bad move bowman, I don't know how some people come to their conclusions... I don't care how polka performs in the future, this team has their last chance to win the cup this year and that window is closing next year when just Kane and Toews are eating 8M in extra cap.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

3 changes needed:

Big Picture!

Big picture? Like how many cups this team could win without his stupid decisions holding them back? In both cup runs, his stubbornness and inability to adjust almost cost them. Luckily those teams were so good it didn't. Last season it did. Q gets the blame planted squarely upon him for not winning last season. That line change in OT.....christ. The refusal to stop playing Handzus????

This is a ****ing dream team for a coach. The collective leadership and pedigree is pretty much unmatched in the NHL. Just put the players in a position to succeed, and, chances are, they are going to.

The Hawks win in spite of Quenneville more often than not.

BobbleHeadNight*

Big picture? Like how many cups this team could win without his stupid decisions holding them back? In both cup runs, his stubbornness and inability to adjust almost cost them. Luckily those teams were so good it didn't. Last season it did. Q gets the blame planted squarely upon him for not winning last season. That line change in OT.....christ. The refusal to stop playing Handzus????

This is a ****ing dream team for a coach. The collective leadership and pedigree is pretty much unmatched in the NHL. Just put the players in a position to succeed, and, chances are, they are going to.

Inability to adjust? Do you know the Hawks record in games 4-7 of playoff series under Q?

While the two Hawks teams that won were talented, this is still the salary cap era. He's won two cups without a legit #2 center on the roster and 5/6 pairings that left a lot to be desired.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

It's mind boggling how people don't see this, I share your exaCT same view. You put Regin in place of Zeus last year and Hawks would have had the cup. Not to mention Bollig could have been replaced by Nordstrom Or anyone else. It's Stan's fault as well for giving him these crappy players, he has been really stinking it up lately, all his trade deadline moves made the team worse uf you ask me, trading Leddy instead of Roszival, not signing the Hayes brothers by promising them a position(especially Kevin), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad