Player Discussion Joel Persson: Persson of Interest (Recalled, 12-03-19))

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Chia gets a lot of credit for this specific player, but who really cares? He's been great and I'm enjoying it. Would like to see him more with pp opportunities and in OT though.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I"ll echo what some have already said... doesn't panic with the puck. You rarely see him turn and panic-fire it up the boards into the opposition.

He will only gets better as he learns the speed of the game and gets adjusted to where his teammates will be

Reactions: KYams17

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I like his low panic level as well (kind of the anti-Benning in that respect) but I feel that he's almost too calm at times and becomes a little lackadaisical. Klefbom has had to do a lot of heavy lifting for him.

With that said, I think he's starting to gain more confidence. I saw a little more urgency in his game tonight as he's starting to get used to NHL pace.
I'd like to see more of that heavy shot from him. He unleashed one in the 3rd that had Blackwood scrambling.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I mean considering it's his 1st year in NA, I've been impressed.

He's not flashy, but he makes the right play out there more often than not.

I have no doubt he will be a solid #5, with #4 upside

Reactions: Aerchon

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
He's been great. Has looked really solid with Klef, and I'm guessing he has a lot of offensive potential to unlock once he gets more comfortable.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I"ll echo what some have already said... doesn't panic with the puck. You rarely see him turn and panic-fire it up the boards into the opposition.

He will only gets better as he learns the speed of the game and gets adjusted to where his teammates will be
The real key for me will be when he has a bad game with multiple mistakes. How does he rebound from that. Does he continue to just play his game or does he panic and change his style.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Persson killed it today. So much puck poise. Walked the blueline, didn't panic with guys coming at him.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Great at walking the line and having patience with the puck. Have never been this excited about the future of the blueline.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Looks great on the ice (calm, great outlet pass, some fancy dekes) but so far no points. Was hoping he’d shoot more and thread some o zone passes for goals but I guess that’s more of a forward personnel issue.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Wanted to give this thread a bump. I think Persson plays a key role in this team's future. He is a great puck mover, and can make a first pass instead of the old panic-chip up the boards.

When Larsson went down I really thought this team was screwed, but this guy has stepped up in a big way.I think we can all agree that his short injury absence was very noticeable on the back end.

Reactions: Aerchon

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
His poise and IQ are really off the charts. I suppose that's somewhat a by-product of his age and being developed by the Swedish system

That zero-hesitation one-timer that he let go off the crossbar (I think Khaira set him up one of the last games) was a thing of beauty.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Still not convince he is a everyvday player but he is playing well so happy to go with it

big help to the d if he is rhst is a free top four guy basically

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I like his composure with the puck but that pairing of Klefbom and Persson is just to slow. 2 slow players on D isnt a good combo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad