Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I wonder if they even bothered looking outside Que for all their new help, pitiful.

why look outside Que when you have 2 guys like Ducharme and Bouchard aviable ?? You have 2 outstanding hockey man in our backyard .. MTL need to give chances to Que because the others will always take the english guy if they where equal ! Prouf ? A guy with the CV of Ducharme would had a job way before if he was in the OHL, look at Sheldon Keefe ! they took the ontario boy

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wonder if they even bothered looking outside Que for all their new help, pitiful.

What's pitiful is that because they're in the Q, you think there are better candidates by default. Ducharme and Bouchard are two of the best minds not in the pros, no matter where they're from. They are responsible for Team Canada's success at the WJC the last two years. They've managed, coached, and developed some real good players along the way, as well. That's all that should matter, not that they're french or from the Q.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
This is ridiculous, if Bouchard is indeed hired they would have hired two people who are in high demand and highly regarded in Ducharme and him.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It's funny how people almost hope the Armada lose so Joel can come in. lol

Joel as full GM would be hilarious, I think. Dude is so frank, it would be entertaining as Hell.

honestly, me I hope he win ! It will just give him an other big star in his incredible CV

Reactions: Kimota

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
What's pitiful is that because they're in the Q, you think there are better candidates by default. Ducharme and Bouchard are two of the best minds not in the pros, no matter where they're from. They are responsible for Team Canada's success at the WJC the last two years. They've managed, coached, and developed some real good players along the way, as well. That's all that should matter, not that they're french or from the Q.
How many years have we ridden the french connection? When you eliminate 95% of candidates because they can't speak french, yes I am very suspicious they did not get the best candidate. Lots of qualified pros they could have tapped, but we are more interested in the language they speak.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How many years have we ridden the french connection? When you eliminate 95% of candidates because they can't speak french, yes I am very suspicious they did not get the best candidate. Lots of qualified pros they could have tapped, but we are more interested in the language they speak.

You got any names you would have rather Habs bring in instead of Bouchard and Ducharme?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I know there are those who are angered that the Habs insist on French-speaking people in these roles and those who believe it's a necessity. For me, the Bouchard/Ducharme thing simply comes down to the fact that the Habs can't continue to miss out on the best and brightest candidates in their own backyard. Same as with players. I'm okay if you look elsewhere too, but you have to stop missing what's under your nose.

Bouchard/Ducharme aren't exactly two mediocre junior plugs. They're as promising as anyone has been in a while. Habs can't afford to miss on that.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

Oh yeah..... and do you think that the Leafs , Oilers, Flames etc..even looking in the Q...in the past.....no they hired their people....who except the Habs gave a first chance to a French Canadian....who ???

Demers started in Quebec, Perron, Vigneault, Therrien, Julien, etc... even Boucher was hired by Mtl (Hamilton) and Julien Brisebois hired him in Tampa.

When you are talking about the 95%...for you the 95% are English Canadians...... ? wow.....there is some good people in Europe also and they don't have their chance.

Reactions: Vachon23

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know there are those who are angered that the Habs insist on French-speaking people in these roles and those who believe it's a necessity. For me, the Bouchard/Ducharme thing simply comes down to the fact that the Habs can't continue to miss out on the best and brightest candidates in their own backyard. Same as with players. I'm okay if you look elsewhere too, but you have to stop missing what's under your nose.

Bouchard/Ducharme aren't exactly two mediocre junior plugs. They're as promising as anyone has been in a while. Habs can't afford to miss on that.

If the team wont fire Bergevin, I just want them to hire progressive thinkers. People that aren't beholden to old assumptions. Preferably someone that understands data analysis.

Just cover all your bases and leave no stone unturned. Whether in hiring or decision making. Bergevin has really never done that and it would be nice if he started.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
There shouldn't be any sides to this debate. Always the best! Best player available! Best coach available! Best manager available! Best freaking stick-boy available. Leave all that other bs at home. Period. We are past all the garbage politics that had driven a wedge between us. We all want what is best for the Montreal Canadiens hockey club. And there is no doubt in my mind that joel bouchard and dominic ducharme are some of the brightest hockey minds alive today. Great pickups for our organization!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There shouldn't be any sides to this debate. Always the best! Best player available! Best coach available! Best manager available! Best freaking stick-boy available. Leave all that other bs at home. Period. We are past all the garbage politics that had driven a wedge between us. We all want what is best for the Montreal Canadiens hockey club. And there is no doubt in my mind that joel bouchard and dominic ducharme are some of the brightest hockey minds alive today. Great pickups for our organization!

Fully agreed.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

perfect...and now the best available is Joel Bouchard....by far...

Reactions: Vachon23

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Yea really I think people have blamed the Habs for years cause they limited themselves to french guys but the worst and most stupid act the Habs has ever done is ignore the guys in their own backyards from hockey men to players to scouting really.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

CHwest

May 24, 2011
You got any names you would have rather Habs bring in instead of Bouchard and Ducharme?
No. I have not looked into it at all. And all I hear on this message board is french names being tossed around. It doesn't take a math major to know what I said is true though.

CHwest

May 24, 2011
Oh yeah..... and do you think that the Leafs , Oilers, Flames etc..even looking in the Q...in the past.....no they hired their people....who except the Habs gave a first chance to a French Canadian....who ???

Demers started in Quebec, Perron, Vigneault, Therrien, Julien, etc... even Boucher was hired by Mtl (Hamilton) and Julien Brisebois hired him in Tampa.

When you are talking about the 95%...for you the 95% are English Canadians...... ? wow.....there is some good people in Europe also and they don't have their chance.
No 95% is the rest of the hockey world.

Reactions: groovejuice

CHwest

May 24, 2011

Why should the Montreal Canadiens be a development team for French Canadiens? Why not just hire the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad