Joel Armia is Looking Good

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
Most? Only some of the "He doesn't grit enough!" crowd were happy to see him leave.

Even if he wasn't scoring he was good defensively and on the pk.

Yes, Armia went same road as Mikael Granlund stepping in NHL. They both came to league as kinda soft, purely skilled forwards, and had to adapt their game to more 2 way. Neither wasn't skilled enough to make straight impact with purely offensive role, but tools we're there, so no surprise that Armia has found his game.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Late blooming power fwd? He has about 150 hits this season with 30 pts. Didn't realize that and was wondering what kind of point totals he could see in the future.

Reactions: Fixxer

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Late blooming power fwd? He has about 150 hits this season with 30 pts. Didn't realize that and was wondering what kind of point totals he could see in the future.

He looks great on the ice on many occasions, even dominant. Yet, the points are rarely there. I think a small bump in points is possible. I could see him being around 50 points for a few seasons. With how good his overall game is, that would be a good 2nd liner, but I don't think he will ever be a great fantasy option for poolers.

Reactions: TheNewKid

Brownies

He has good hands and is one of the best player have seen with the Habs on the forecheck... the guy just go and steal the puck, it’s magic. He just lack the natural offensive instincts to REALLY take a step forward, but he’s a really good addition to the team.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
He looks great on the ice on many occasions, even dominant. Yet, the points are rarely there. I think a small bump in points is possible. I could see him being around 50 points for a few seasons. With how good his overall game is, that would be a good 2nd liner, but I don't think he will ever be a great fantasy option for poolers.

50ish points and 150 hits would be a valuable depth piece in my league lol.

I'll keep a closer eye on him early next season... whenever that is.

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
I think competitive teams have to have significant contributions from bottom 6 forwards. Armia is a phenomenal roll player on a checking line with some better than average (but less than consistent) offensive upside.

Teams that win championships have players like Armia in their lineup.

He's still missed in Winnipeg.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad