Joel Armia is Looking Good

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Loving Armia's play as of late! He always had it but was lacking finish. Great to see him scoring!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
he should easily be a 20g 20a/0.5ppg player with great play without the puck (ie: Frolik). However the guy has no finish despite his nationality. he shows flashes of great skill but 0 consistency. prior to this game he went 13 with just 3 helpers.

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
He's on pace for 35 points. Let's calm down. He has a great game every 10 games or so and the rest of the time he's a possession player with no finish. If he played top-6 he'd likely just be a complementary piece with good puck retrieval.

Last night was only really notable because it wasn't against the Stars.
I think he is second best producer in the team per 60 mins after Perreault.

By your words, he has to be very effective in that one game out of ten.

Watch the games before writing that crap, please.

And finally: on pace for 35 points with 11 mins of ice time per game.

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I hope Joel could be Jets very own Ulf Dahlen, the best board player in NHL, he just need to do that 10-2 skating..

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
His skill is off the charts. I wish he had anywhere near the fanbase Laine has so we could have some compilation videos of him undressing entire lines.

Finally getting some offensive opportunities.

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
Stat watcher here, but he is looking good again. Maybe becoming the goal scorer he was expected to when he was drafted.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
"2015-Feb-11 Traded from Buffalo Sabres with Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Brendan Lemieux and round 1 pick in the 2015 draft (Jack Roslovic) to Winnipeg Jets for Zach Bogosian, Jason Kasdorf and Evander Kane," All, but Stafford are solid assets for the Jets. Buffalo liabilities. Is it any wonder why Murray got fired?

Armia is an amazing forechecker in the corners, while looking down at the puck.

His struggles are when he has to lift his head to make a play. Kinda like Kane in that way.

Jeeze that trade didn't end up for much for either team.. Jets have Roslovic, and a cap dump for Arnia.. Sabres have Bogo and a first which they packaged for Montador..

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Jeeze that trade didn't end up for much for either team.. Jets have Roslovic, and a cap dump for Arnia.. Sabres have Bogo and a first which they packaged for Montador..

Well the Jets did go pretty far with Myers in their lineup.

As for the revived topic in hand, Armia does indeed look good. The guy is such a bull with the puck, I just wish he had some IQ to go with it.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
he has been playing great a beast out there and his skills are sick.

If he manages to built off this season he might turn out to be such a steal.. he needs to continue to build his confidence he needs also to stay positive so he doesnt go like those long spells where is lose focus and effort we have seen in the past.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I don’t like him on the PK, but man the guy is a beast at stealing the puck and holding on to it. But I feel like he’s too slow to work the PK.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Versatile player, one of the strongest guys I have seen along the boards. Also dazzles you with his hands from time to time.

Glad we have him, good option to slot up and down the line-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad