Injury Report: Joe Woll - High Ankle Sprain - Feb 26: Recalled from conditioning stint

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Vejmelka from Arizona would be a decent target if this is season ending. Not having a great year - but was very good in the last few years.

Would allow the Leafs to move on from Samsonov next year if he performs alright.

If the oilers didn’t sign Campbell to that insane f***ing contract, I’d consider bringing him back.

But not for anything over $1m

Even if he was healthy, which he isn't, not sure they have the cap room to be able to activate him from IR.

The situation is so convoluted, I don’t even pretend to spend brain power on figuring it out.

I just ask you guys lol

Thank you, but pridham can make the cap dance for us and figure anything out if the will to make it happen is there

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Mine never fully healed. I have to watch what I'm doing or ill tweak it. Been like that for over 30 years.
If you wear sports groin wrap, it helps support it. Pulled my groin multiple times as a goalie. It wasn't severe enough that I needed surgery, but I could actually play with it using a groin wrap. Applying hot and cold can help a groin heal sooner along with rest of it.

I have faith in Jones. More than Samsanov
Even though Jones had an .870 SV% at the AHL level?

Reactions: Mr_Fun

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I have faith in Jones. More than Samsanov
Respectfully disagree. Samsonov saved our season last year. Signing Matt Murray was a joke. There is no doubt Samsonov is off to a slow start but I'll take him over a nearly washed up Jones.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Respectfully disagree. Samsonov saved our season last year. Signing Matt Murray was a joke. There is no doubt Samsonov is off to a slow start but I'll take him over a nearly washed up Jones.
If Sammy gets his head together, then the Leafs might be okay. That is a big if. Sammy had the same goalie mental aspect issues with the Caps. He's always had the physical tools you would want in a goalie, but his mental game is so unpredictable.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
First I thought everyone was a hockey gm on this board. Now it appears everyone is a doctor.

I Bet the MRI is revealing a whole lot of stuff not even caused by the injury. Look there's a small labrum tear, but whats that on his knee ? Maybe they cant figure it out yet.

Mar 26, 2010
IF Woll is out for any extended period of time, Jones will take the net. Samsonov is absolutely terrifying in goal.

Woll has 100% already been seen by the Ortho Surgeon and they know exactly what the injury is. Not sure why the Leafs PR has not updated the media yet. Hoping for a sprain/slight tweak that will be a quick heal.

Reactions: shaner8989

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I heard massive indigestion
Stop.

Pooping.

1702093073168.gif

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
You only go as far as your goalie brings you.

So if Woll is gone the rest of the year Treliving better be getting a good goalie. He better get a good backup too. If he knew what was good for him he would be doing these things and he would be doing them quickly.

Procrastinating on the goaltending position is what brought the team to this point in the first place.

Treliving already has the worst goalie in the league last year. Next I expect he'll try signing "the best goalie not in the NHL". Whoever the hell that is.

Probably some Russian nobody ever heard of.

Until Treliving shoves a $5M contract under his snoot. The only problem with bringing in "the best goalie not in the NHL" is that there are at least 31 goalies better than him. That's why they're already in the NHL.

While this chump has been playing in the gulags of Siberia the whole time.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
You only go as far as your goalie brings you.

So if Woll is gone the rest of the year Treliving better be getting a good goalie. He better get a good backup too. If he knew what was good for him he would be doing these things and he would be doing them quickly.

Procrastinating on the goaltending position is what brought the team to this point in the first place.

Treliving already has the worst goalie in the league last year. Next I expect he'll try signing "the best goalie not in the NHL". Whoever the hell that is.

Probably some Russian nobody ever heard of.

Until Treliving shoves a $5M contract under his snoot. The only problem with bringing in "the best goalie not in the NHL" is that there are at least 31 goalies better than him. That's why they're already in the NHL.

While this chump has been playing in the gulags of Siberia the whole time.

This makes no sense.

We could have prime Scotty Bowman running this team and you’d still complain.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
This makes no sense.

We could have prime Scotty Bowman running this team and you’d still complain.

If you think Samsonov and Jones are gonna carry this team to a Stanley cup then you have more faith in the goaltending than I do.

Not sure what Scotty Bowman has to do with saving pucks. If you had said prime Patrick Roy in net it would have made more sense. I might have still found something to complain about.

But at least it wouldn't have been the goaltending.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If Sammy gets his head together, then the Leafs might be okay. That is a big if. Sammy had the same goalie mental aspect issues with the Caps. He's always had the physical tools you would want in a goalie, but his mental game is so unpredictable.
Exactly, if Samsonov wasn't his own WORST enemy, he would still be a Washington Capital,

The Caps chose to NOT qualify Samsonov because they could never trust his mental game.

Even when he's playing at his very best, he is still has a penchant for allowing bad goals at the wrong times.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad