Injury Report: Joe Woll - High Ankle Sprain - Feb 26: Recalled from conditioning stint

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
ACL is a rotational injury typically.
Skate planted and leg rotates.
Didn't look like that to me unless it happened before the actual incident that ended his night.

They showed an earlier play where it might have actually happened on TSN last night and implied he played through it originally. Who knows, the whole thing looked like a nothing play. Very odd.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It’s not sounding good. Read he couldn’t put any weight on it at all. Too bad for the guy. Had so much momentum and he could be gone for a very long time.

Yeah, that's not a groin issue IMO. I've pulled a groin badly, you're fine putting weight on the leg.

Edit: BTW, I don't think a groin muscle ever fully heals. It's been 20 years and I still feel a twinge now and then. Maybe sports medicine changes that, dunno.

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40 and ToneDog

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yeah, that's not a groin issue IMO. I've pulled a groin badly, you're fine putting weight on the leg.

Edit: BTW, I don't think a groin muscle ever fully heals. It's been 20 years and I still feel a twinge now and then. Maybe sports medicine changes that, dunno.
Been a while since I've felt a twinge in my groin. They joys of being married.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

👍

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s either a bad groin injury or he popped his knee out and tore his mcl or acl

The way he was sitting on that play with his back leg stretched out it seemed like something popped.

The immediate, overwhelming look of being pain was hard to watch in the moment. Hard to see a young guy get hurt after building so much positive momentum. Hope he’s not out too, too long and just comes back stronger than ever.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto

Vejmelka from Arizona would be a decent target if this is season ending. Not having a great year - but was very good in the last few years.

Would allow the Leafs to move on from Samsonov next year if he performs alright.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
It's an amazing twist of the Universe that this statement is true, and you called Ed Belfour "stable." :)

He absolutely hated the shootout and seemed to give up.

I agree with him tho on shootouts. Terrible way to decide a game that is a team sport.

Reactions: Sittler 27

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Such a shitty deal!
Woll was coming along nicely and fitting into the starters role well enough that I didn't cringe every time an opponent had a prime look. Now we're back to hopes and prayers between the pipes.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC

Mine never fully healed. I have to watch what I'm doing or ill tweak it. Been like that for over 30 years.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

rutz

Aug 1, 2022
Best case scenario sprained ACL or MCL out for couple weeks to a month. Worst case torn ACL and gone for the season. Leafs forwards and defence hopefully step up and support Jones and Samsonov like Leafs stepped up last season when Reilly went down with injury.

Reactions: 34

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Best case scenario sprained ACL or MCL out for couple weeks to a month. Worst case torn ACL and gone for the season. Leafs forwards and defence hopefully step up and support Jones and Samsonov like Leafs stepped up last season when Reilly went down with injury.
Is that what happened?
I remember a few of our posters claiming the improvement was due to Rielly being out and us not having to deal with his gross incompetence.

That sure is a clever crowd. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: TMLife17 and Buds17

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
This f***ing sucks , he was really starting to play well and was giving me hope we finally developed a starter .

hopefully he isn't isn't out too long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad