Injury Report: Joe Woll - High Ankle Sprain - Feb 26: Recalled from conditioning stint

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Being a number one goalie has many components. One is stamina. Look at Campbell. One good year, then totally folds. Leafs luckily have Hildeby. It's great to have Woll but the jury is still out. He maybe a 1b.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Just stay healthy as we missed our chance to grab Saros with Nashville getting hot and it looks like we are rolling with a rookie against Ullmark/Swayman/Bobrovsky. (at least only 2 of them are Vezina winners)

What can go wrong? (I do like Woll but havnt we seen the story for a few years?)

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Just stay healthy as we missed our chance to grab Saros with Nashville getting hot and it looks like we are rolling with a rookie against Ullmark/Swayman/Bobrovsky. (at least only 2 of them are Vezina winners)

What can go wrong? (I do like Woll but havnt we seen the story for a few years?)
I would have no issue seeing Woll play any of those guys. Bob is hit or miss depending on the year, and Ullmark is nothing special (and is one of the main reasons Boston lost in the first round last season). Swayman is the best of those three, but I don't think he's miles better than Woll. I am also not as fussed about Woll's injury status. Lots of guys have injuries early in their career and bounce back just fine.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I know Samsonov has come back and is playing well but if Woll is healthy, I am going with him in the playoffs.

But knowing the Leafs, you know it will be Samsonov.

The composure really reminds me of Price. Not saying he’s Price but he’s got a calm demeanour.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I would have no issue seeing Woll play any of those guys. Bob is hit or miss depending on the year, and Ullmark is nothing special (and is one of the main reasons Boston lost in the first round last season). Swayman is the best of those three, but I don't think he's miles better than Woll. I am also not as fussed about Woll's injury status. Lots of guys have injuries early in their career and bounce back just fine.

I hear what you are saying and I am a big fan of Woll (especially vs. our other keepers) but I don't think any of the other teams would switch places with us in this area.

Goaltending is arguably the most important position in the playoffs and we are once again going into the playoffs with a goaltending disadvantage in the first round....and if we lose we can all then blame everything else but the goaltending. I just sense a pattern here the last half decade.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The only thing I worry about with this kid is his durability.

I kind of held my breath when he did that rapid twist on Cooley’s goal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The only thing I worry about with this kid is his durability.

I kind of held my breath when he did that rapid twist on Cooley’s goal.

Supposedly Samsonov is going tonight which would probably mean Woll goes Monday against Boston.

I'd be lying if I said that didn't concern me.

They WILL f*** with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad