Injury Report: Joe Woll - High Ankle Sprain - Feb 26: Recalled from conditioning stint

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Has anyone heard anything about the seriousness of his injury that Woll sustained last night in Ottawa?

I'm anxious to find out how long our Leafs will be without stable goaltending.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Has anyone heard anything about the seriousness of his injury that Woll sustained last night in Ottawa?

Tests will be done today. Unfortunately, it feels like a season ending injury from early reports. Maybe best case is he misses 6 weeks or so.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

I doubt there would be anything for a while. I am sure he will get an MRI, but that couldn't be done until swelling (if there is any) subsides. Sure looked like an MCL issue by the way his leg moved and the inability to then put weight on it.

horner

May 22, 2007
I doubt there would be anything for a while. I am sure he will get an MRI, but that couldn't be done until swelling (if there is any) subsides. Sure looked like an MCL issue by the way his leg moved and the inability to then put weight on it.
In last night's game they showed a replay just before he got hurt I and he felt something .
I didn't save the game last night but it didn't seem to be his knee it seemed to be around his hip ?

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It looked he favoured the medial side of the knee, but who knows.

I assume he‘s had X rays and an MRI by now.

In last night's game they showed a replay just before he got hurt I and he felt something .
I didn't save the game last night but it didn't seem to be his knee it seemed to be around his hip ?
That too

Mar 26, 2010
Tests will be done today. Unfortunately, it feels like a season ending injury from early reports. Maybe best case is he misses 6 weeks or so.
Sure looks like he blew his ACL. If that is it, it will be a full year before he returns to full performance. We are all speculating at this point anyways, until the official diagnosis is released.

Reactions: SprDaVE

genk

Nov 15, 2015
This was always my concern with Woll. He’s been injured basically every year since turning pro.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Sure looks like he blew his ACL. If that is it, it will be a full year before he returns to full performance. We are all speculating at this point anyways, until the official diagnosis is released.
ACL is a rotational injury typically.
Skate planted and leg rotates.
Didn't look like that to me unless it happened before the actual incident that ended his night.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Can Samsonov and Jones play for a couple of weeks?

I say: "likely yes".
Sammy has actually been unable to play or practice for close to a week now, but it’s likely just some short term illness, hopefully he’s ok soon.

If it’s just a few weeks, then yeah, we can limp along with Sammy/Jones. If it’s a season ending injury, we need to make a trade for a goalie.

Reactions: Wrong Wilson

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
ACL is a rotational injury typically.
Skate planted and leg rotates.

Didn't look like that to me unless it happened before the actual incident that ended his night.
Exactly. That didn't look like a rotational issue to me, but my medical qualifications are restricted to the multitude of injuries I have had (which include an ACL injury).

Reactions: The Iceman

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
It’s not sounding good. Read he couldn’t put any weight on it at all. Too bad for the guy. Had so much momentum and he could be gone for a very long time.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
It’s either a bad groin injury or he popped his knee out and tore his mcl or acl

The way he was sitting on that play with his back leg stretched out it seemed like something popped.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Could be torn labrum...out 6 months.

Who knows until they do the MRI.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Hard to tell on TV replay but looked like he tweaked his groin early in 2nd period .. and then played through some form of irritation .. then it went on him suddenly .. when I strained my groin on a backward skating to forward skating pivot it took 3 weeks to skate without pain .. then another week to get back in shape as I could not even walk on it for a period .. hopefully he did not tear his groin .. if it is a tear he is gone for a long time .. worse for tenders

Hard to tell on TV replay but looked like he tweaked his groin early in 2nd period .. and then played through some form of irritation .. then it went on him suddenly .. when I strained my groin on a backward skating to forward skating pivot it took 3 weeks to skate without pain .. then another week to get back in shape as I could not even walk on it for a period .. hopefully he did not tear his groin .. if it is a tear he is gone for a long time .. worse for tenders
and if it is knee related then he is done for season unless it is only meniscus tear which case likely 2 months minimum ..

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad