Joe to Toronto done

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I always liked Joe but that will end here. He lost a lot of credibility. Even if Wilson forced him out he could have done much better than Toronto. Makes no sense.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I always liked Joe but that will end here. He lost a lot of credibility. Even if Wilson forced him out he could have done much better than Toronto. Makes no sense.

Please, dude has been beyond loyal over the years. Toronto is currently a better team than SJ. We don't know what if any other suitors he had. Do I think Toronto is a legit cup contender? No, but better shot than SJ currently.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Please, dude has been beyond loyal over the years. Toronto is currently a better team than SJ. We don't know what if any other suitors he had. Do I think Toronto is a legit cup contender? No, but better shot than SJ currently.

I'm not so sure about that. If the Sharks are healthy next season I think they're the better team. And for 700k, surely a real contender would have taken him as well. Dallas for example.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Good luck to Jumbo.
I think it does make Boughner's job more straightforward.
Last couple years, they tried to frankenstein a system that EK65 and Thornton would kind of fit into.
Now, it's mostly EK65/Burns + speedier guys.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Good luck to Jumbo.
I think it does make Boughner's job more straightforward.
Last couple years, they tried to frankenstein a system that EK65 and Thornton would kind of fit into.
Now, it's mostly EK65/Burns + speedier guys.

The funny thing is thornton is the perfect player to have for both those defensemen. They both love to roam the offensive zone to find soft spots on the ice to break down defenses. And we all know even at this age thornton is still one of the best at finding those open guys that nobody but thornton could find open.

To me it seemed like especially deboer tried to put square pegs into cirlcle holes when it came to those 3. Making all 3 less effective at what they do best.

Take the training wheels off burns/karlsson and would of been thornton till now. And those 3 would wreck havoc on teams.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Stop-Dont-Come-Back-Sarcastic-Willy-Wonka-Gif.gif

Should have taken Marleau with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad