Joe to Toronto done

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So he said that signing with the Leafs was 99% about winning a cup and only 1% about family?
Well, good luck with that, Joe but the Maple Fails will continue to be losers for the foreseeable future:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
That's fine that you can't stomach it, but many of us appreciate the gesture. Patty did it.

It surprises me Jumbo hasn't done it, and should surprise of all of us.
I am surprised. but maybe he really really doesnt think of this as goodbye.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I am surprised. but maybe he really really doesnt think of this as goodbye.

Maybe, but even then, Joe is so ridiculously classy, and I haven't even seen any comments about how tough it is to sign elsewhere, let alone some sort of gesture or thank you to SJ fans. It's odd no matter how you slice it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I'll post it here, too just in case somebody still cares about Joe:laugh:
Definitely some stuff in there I didn't know.

Reactions: jarr92

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I could see thornton being a coach with davos after he finally retires.

They wouldn't mind because their current one is an idiot:laugh:
I agree that he's not the type of guy that's just gonna enjoy his retirement. He'll be looking to stay involved in hockey in whatever position. If he's already sort of coaching Davos juniors then Coaching would probably be the logical choice.

Also, if he doesn't win a cup as a player I think he'll continue to chase the cup after his retirement.

Last edited:

Chaotic8

Boarding Major
May 3, 2010
Livermore, CA
Late to the party, JT signing to TOR was a huge mistake to let him go; further, future prospects of JT becoming a AC/HC are without question. Jumbo will be back in the Show, and it won't take long.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Great video, Joe is such a legend. I liked that the taxi driver pointed out the leafs havent won a playoff series since 2004 and hes betting on them winning the cup

Winning the cup in toronto at this stage of his career would be better for his image then winning the cup in san jose at this stage of his career.

It is not fair going both ways but him winning in toronto could get the narrative that all toronto needed was that veteran leadership that he brings, a person who has been through the wars before.

Him winning in san jose would add more of a heartfelt win of oh he stuck it out and won with the team he grew up with, but that win most likely comes with a oh he was carried to the cup win, he needed others to do all the heavy lifting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->