Joe Thornton Discussion Thread

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lol think that's the style now. Having some sort of tag left in the cloth. Could be mistaken but its probably a expensive brand and those usually have tags left on them.

See people around my age (18-22) dress like that pretty commonly where I live.
More likely he had just received it as a gift.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
bb99c3f62d859e6aeea9713007c7292d.jpg

For the older members. Mini Pearle always wore a hat with the tag still on.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Joe Thornton needs 82 points to overtake Phil Esposito for 10th place in career regular season points. Obviously with the shortened season it won’t happen this season, but it’s possible if he signs on for one more season he can do it next season.

Reactions: weems

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
A fantastic story.

Probably the most exciting/interesting signing this team has ever made for just 700k
I love hearing all the small inside stories and team jokes.
JT is a huge character guy though.
It speaks volumes how badly the sharks wanted to win a cup for him.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
He’s no longer a top 6 guy anymore, but he still has some juice left in him. Put someone who can finish and has the IQ to get in the right places, a good forechecker, and he’ll be a great add. I can see him on a 35-40 point over 82 pace still in the right situation.

He’s starting to lose his hands, especially on zone entries, he loses the puck after trying to make a deke somewhat often now and he has a higher percentage of his passes being off, but he can still thread it in with insane passes, just not as often as years past.

He’ll also be a great mentor for the younger players.

I’m sure most of us Sharks fans will be rooting for the leafs this year with it looking like SJ will still be a tire fire next year.

Reactions: Volcanologist

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Thornton can be somewhere in the ballpark of Tyler Bozak in 2017-18 or Nazem Kadri in 2018-19, give us the equivalent of 40-45 points on a third line role and be an interesting mix and match option on the powerplay I think we would all sign off on that.

The90

Feb 27, 2017

My man. Thank you. Well, it’s interesting that’s for sure.

but if jumbo can put up 40 ish points. That’s a total win. Hyman keeps the third line competitive and I could see him and Kerfoot working together for some reason.

I could also see vesey and barabanov swapping eventually.

Reactions: LeafChief

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Putting a guy that is still a 99th percentile passer at age 41 with the best pure scorer in the league seems smart.
Agreed but if you are doing this then I am putting willy on the right side. It is very obvious who is shooting on that line.

Thornton Matthews Nylander
Vesey Tavares Marner
Mikheyev Kerfoot Hyman
Barabonov Spezza Simmonds

Reactions: zeke

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Thing I like about Keefe is he isnt fixated on a certain line or matchups.

It JT 2.0 fits well with Matthews and Marner he will play him but if it doesnt work he will move him down and get him a different role where he can hopefully go out and play his game

With us playing in a division with no team close to us talent wise we really should never be matching up and trying to lock down other teams lines.

Oilers even with 97+29 we shouldnt be trying to match them by shutting them down. We have the offensive guys to go toe to toe with them and trade chances. Our 2nd-4th lines should be able to dominate whatever else the Oilers throw at us.

I want teams to be looking at our top 2 lines as the Bruins top line where they can dominate you without being fixated on shutting down oppositions best lines due to their ability to simply control the puck and get constant chances of the cycle and rush.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If Thornton can be somewhere in the ballpark of Tyler Bozak in 2017-18 or Nazem Kadri in 2018-19, give us the equivalent of 40-45 points on a third line role and be an interesting mix and match option on the powerplay I think we would all sign off on that.

45points? In how many games? He had 31 in 70 last year. I sincerely hope this is just a training camp lineup. Thornton isn’t close to a top 6 forward anymore

Reactions: Saint Blue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad