Joe Thornton Discussion Thread

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'm actually half expecting Eric Staal to pull a Jason Spezza one of these years and finish his career in Toronto. Something tells me Buffalo isn't going to be his forever home.

Except Thunder Bay doesn't have a team, Spezza hometown is Toronto.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Curious to see who is the better player between Thornton and Spezza. Spezza is actually quite a bit younger with four years on Jumbo, but his decline in production has been steeper since about 2017. My gut feeling tells me Jumbo has a little more gas left in the tank.

While I like Spezza id feel confident in taking Thornton here.

I think hes got more left in thr tank offensively and will see more opportunities to play with some of the younger core (on occasion not every shift).

His playmaking on the Leafs pp is going to recipie for success

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
While I like Spezza id feel confident in taking Thornton here.

I think hes got more left in thr tank offensively and will see more opportunities to play with some of the younger core (on occasion not every shift).

His playmaking on the Leafs pp is going to recipie for success
I would assume he's also motivated to play for a contending team after being upset that San Jose did not trade him before last seasons trade deadline.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
These type of guys teach the youngsters. Hopefully when they hit their window they've learned enough to boost them to some long playoff runs and eventually a Cup.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Still hasn’t hit me that Joe Thornton is a Leaf.

Weird to say.
Does it hit you now seeing his name on the back of a Leafs jersey.

download-2020-10-17T215707.601.png

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
..and the season gets cancelled, and we never see Thornton play in a Leafs uniform..... That would truly suck... and no, it's not been cancelled.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Anyone who thought Sandin thickened up a bit might be disappointed by this pic LOL

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Is Nylander planning to return the jacket after the photo? Damn Dubas look at what your tough negotiating tactics has caused.

Lol think that's the style now. Having some sort of tag left in the cloth. Could be mistaken but its probably a expensive brand and those usually have tags left on them.

See people around my age (18-22) dress like that pretty commonly where I live.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Lol think that's the style now. Having some sort of tag left in the cloth. Could be mistaken but its probably a expensive brand and those usually have tags left on them.

LoL and I thought it was stupid the way some people who wear New Era hats and never take off the sticker on the brim that says their hat size.

Reactions: hamzarocks

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

Or the jacket was what he received in their gift exchange and he had just tried it on more likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad