Friedman: Joe Thornton considering a trade

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Pittsburgh or Tampa would be the more realistic.

Would say St. Louis but them and the Sharks pretty much built a rivalry. Washington but I think they're happy with their roster the way it is, the bases are pretty much loaded at every single position on that roster, even with the coaches.

1021huss

Jan 26, 2010
It's been stated (by someone who knows) on the Bruins board that Thornton will never again wear a Bruins jersey while Harry Sinden is still alive (and Sinden is still an "advisor" to Jeremy Jacobs).
Sinden has nothing to do with the bruins and Jeremy Jacobs handed over control of the bruins to his children.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Sinden has nothing to do with the bruins and Jeremy Jacobs handed over control of the bruins to his children.

not entirely accurate.
Jacobs still has final say on a many things. Sinden is still on the payroll as his executive advisor.
And is still an alternate on the league Board of Governors.

Executive & Hockey Operations

And never underestimate the influence of Mrs. Jacobs.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Pitt has no wish...

Would say St. Louis but them and the Sharks pretty much built a rivalry. Washington but I think they're happy with their roster the way it is, the bases are pretty much loaded at every single position on that roster, even with the coaches.

Reactions: Extra Texture

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I commented in an earlier Pens board thread - Joe Thornton was a non-factor in the 2016 SCF...what makes people think he would be a factor in 2020 for the Pens?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

I think Pittsburgh would actually be a horrible fit for him. Brendan Morrow redux

I like Joe and still hope he can hoist a cup, but he would never fit with the Pens team speed style, imo.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So he is ineffective in a series means he will be ineffective in every series he will ever be in from then on?

4 years later, yes that is my assumption. I dont believe he provides anything that other targets or current players do. Pens dont need a nostalgic piece.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
4 years later, yes that is my assumption. I dont believe he provides anything that other targets or current players do. Pens dont need a nostalgic piece.

That is a faulty assumption. He's had effective playoff rounds since then. It's just about the matchups and who he is playing with. May not be a fit for Pittsburgh but to paint with such a broad brush like that is silly.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I cannot say I’ve seen Thornton play a lot, so I’m speaking purely from my ass but

if he can play any defense and can skate even a little bit he’d be an upgrade on the Isles current 3C slot

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I don't think he would make a contender worse.. he's on a 1 year contract and can be used however the coach feels.

Who knows maybe he will step it up come playoffs if he finds a good fit.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I agree with folks saying the Islanders. Do not think he would be a good fit in Pittsburgh, as much as I like the guy.

Would like to see him in Edmonton though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $150.00