Blue Jays Discussion: Joe Panik: the hero we deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Moreno and Kirk combo at catching position in the future will be huge for the Blue Jays.

Both studs and my hopes are the team doesnt trade either of them Unless of course its for a stud young pitcher to boost our rotation. But I dont want a rental or vet for either of them.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
A's owner should consider moving to montreal.

This would likely be Montreal's best bet at having a MLB returning to the city, alongside a potential Tampa Bay Rays move. Just don't see the city ponying up the amount of money it'd require to get a team through expansion. It would make more sense if the A's relocated to a west coast city (Portland) to maintain the divisional balance, but a realignment could always be worked out.

Vegas is an intriguing option. To think they may go from being absent of a major sports team to having three enter the city within a decade.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I would have liked Espinal at third

As much as I love Espinal and want to see him get more opportunities, I don't mind him being on the bench all the time if they keep running out a regular lineup like this. It just really bugged me when they were constantly giving guys days off and all the extra playing time went to Panik.

It is stupid, though, that everyone was constantly rotating through off days, but as soon as Panik got hurt they were magically ready to play everyday and the bench guys were suddenly only needed as late-game replacements.

Reactions: MS and phillipmike

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
As much as I love Espinal and want to see him get more opportunities, I don't mind him being on the bench all the time if they keep running out a regular lineup like this. It just really bugged me when they were constantly giving guys days off and all the extra playing time went to Panik.

It is stupid, though, that everyone was constantly rotating through off days, but as soon as Panik got hurt they were magically ready to play everyday and the bench guys were suddenly only needed as late-game replacements.

There's a lefty pitcher and Ryu gives up more contact so I think having Espinal at third today makes sense.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Manoah is done for the night,
6 Innings
0 ER
1 Hit
2 Walks (+1 HBP)
5 K's

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Hopefully Martin and Groshans watch Gabby and start to heat up as well! That's a scary 2-3-4 for AA pitchers when they all get going.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
One under the radar Jays prospect in the lower minors that could be in the Jays top 30 prospects as soon as this season:

RHP Rafael Ohashi, 18 year old Brazilian who signed during the 2019 IFA period. First start, 3 innings with walks, 4 Ks and no hits.

6”1’ with good raw tools and the spin rate is improving.

Also Elvis Luciano is pitching very well in AA. Could be a legit prospect again this season. 9 innings, 11 Ks, 4 BBs, 4 ERs, 6 hits. Still is only 21 in AA.

And someone mentioned LHP Rafael Monsion before. 21 years old, 6”3’ lefty in Dunedin. 6.2 innings, 9 Ks, 1 BBs, 6 hits and 2 ERs. Could move up very quickly in the system.

Barring injury, Ohashi, and Monison should be top 30 prospects and Luciano should been seen as a legit prospect again.

Last edited:
Reactions: aingefan and hoc123

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
One under the radar Jays prospect in the lower minors that could be in the Jays top 30 prospects as soon as this season:

RHP Rafael Ohashi, 18 year old Brazilian who signed during the 2019 IFA period. First start, 3 innings with walks, 4 Ks and no hits.

Also Elvis Luciano is pitching very well in AA. Could be a legit prospect again this season. 9 innings, 11 Ks, 4 BBs, 4 ERs, 6 hits. Still is only 21 in AA.

The Blue Jays have had a lot of success finding diamonds in the rough in the international pool the past couple years, Kirk, Morano, Otto Lopez. Also, I keep forgetting Luciano is essentially still a prospect, he would be a nice surprise if he made it.

Reactions: phillipmike

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
The Blue Jays have had a lot of success finding diamonds in the rough in the international pool the past couple years, Kirk, Morano, Otto Lopez. Also, I keep forgetting Luciano is essentially still a prospect, he would be a nice surprise if he made it.

And don’t expect that to change. Their 2020 and 2019 IFA periods were great too.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008

And someone mentioned LHP Rafael Monsion before. 21 years old, 6”3’ lefty in Dunedin. 6.2 innings, 9 Ks, 1 BBs, 6 hits and 2 ERs. Could move up very quickly in the system.

Barring injury, Ohashi, and Monison should be top 30 prospects and Luciano should been seen as a legit prospect again.
I’d toss Nick Allgeyer and Jackson Rees in the same under the radar guy to watch category, just further along. Rees in particular could surprise; reports last year were that he had a diverse repertoire of pitches with good command.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just catching up with the game now. Great outing from Ryu and Teo coming up clutch with the 2 HR's to win it. Was surprised they were planning on going to Cole in a 1 run game unless Borucki wasn't an option. He was the first guy I considered especially since they had mentioned early in the game that the Braves struggle against lefties.

Some great nights for the prospect pool as well, specifically Manoah and Moreno. Moreno is just mashing AA right now. If he keeps this up he should be a top 50 prospect by the middle of summer. Of course keeping this up is relative. Nobody is going to hit .500 over a long period.

Reactions: Discoverer

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
Logan Warmoth, playing CF, hit his 3rd HR in his 7th AAA game today. He had 3 HR's all of last year in 101 games played. He's now hitting .370/.414/.778 (although with 11 strikeouts in 27 at-bats).

Most likely nothing, but how interesting would it be if he all of a sudden figured it out as an outfielder lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad