Blue Jays Discussion: Joe Panik: the hero we deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Alex Anthopoulos' Jays teams: great hitting, okay starting pitching, awful bullpen

Alex Anthopoulos' Braves teams: great hitting, okay starting pitching (would probably be better if they had Soroka), awful bullpen.

Really makes you think....

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was mostly just joking since AA is the only exec to get the Jays to relevance since Pat Gillick. Even if those 15 and 16 teams were incredibly flawed

They weren't always the best teams but man AA built some lineups fun to watch. That's more then you can say about a lot of executives.

Reactions: saska sault

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I was mostly just joking since AA is the only exec to get the Jays to relevance since Pat Gillick. Even if those 15 and 16 teams were incredibly flawed

They weren't always the best teams but man AA built some lineups fun to watch. That's more then you can say about a lot of executives.

Except 2015. That was the best team in the league.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

2015 was a great roster in all aspects except for Revere. That team should have won, but nothing went wrong for the Royals.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Gotta say I've loved this guys swing since I found out we were signing him. So loose and balanced at the plate. Beltre's swing kind of reminds me of this year's projected top 3 pick Jordan Lawler. He doesn't have the other tools Lawler does, but the swings are both gorgeous righty swings.

I wonder if we will be on his younger brother Enmanuel Beltre. I really hope we are and that we have an edge. He has been compared to Fernando Tatis at the same age and hit 4 home runs at a PG tournament. That OFP for a 12-year-old that size is unreal. Get on it Tinnish!

Last edited:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Damn 6 years later and we still have unfounded Ben Revere haters.

Still a shame that we never got Stroman vs Cueto game 7.

Reactions: Discoverer

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Keith Law with a newly ranked #1 on his Draft Big Board:
1. Henry Davis, C, Louisville

Davis is now hitting .389/.511/.671 for the Cardinals, walking more than he’s struck out, with power, patience, bat control, and a plus arm. He also offers some certainty in a draft class with very little of it. For more on Davis, check out my in-person scouting report from April.
Players I like that are ranked near our pick:
19. Joshua Baez, OF, Dexter Southfield HS (Brookline, MA)

Baez is a huge upside play, as he’s very strong with a powerful swing and will be barely 18 at the draft, but he hasn’t faced any good pitching this spring and there’s concern about the amount of swing-and-miss he’s shown going back to the summer. It’s elite power for a high school kid, and he has the plus arm to profile as a solid right fielder.
21. Anthony Solometo, LHP, Bishop Eustace Preparatory School (Pennsauken, NJ)

Solometo is the best high school lefty in the class, with a loose, electric arm, a fastball up to 95 with good life, and a hard curveball that he can use to hitters on both sides of the plate. His arm swing is a little long but he repeats it very well for strikes and future command.
23. Ty Madden, RHP, Texas

Madden has two above-average pitches now and fills the zone with fastballs, although his high arm slot makes it hard for him to throw a solid changeup or to get to above-average command down the line.
24. Andrew Painter, RHP, Calvary Christian (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Painter is the classic high school right-hander with some now velocity but projection you can dream on, and he’s bounced back from a rough first few outings to show better control and more of a breaking ball.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Watched what I could since it was a day game but god damn I love this lineup. And to think that's without Springer too.

Legit thunder all through it and it'll be even nastier once Gurriel wakes up and Jansen is launched into the sun.

God bless the Braves and their chernobyl inspired bullpen.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Keith Law with a newly ranked #1 on his Draft Big Board:

Players I like that are ranked near our pick:

Wow Leiter and Rocker went from going 1-2 to both in the top 3 to where it’s possible 1 or none go in the top 3. I have a hard time believing Davis goes 1, a chance he gets in the top 3 but even that isnt certain imo.

Sounds like the Pirates like Lawler.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just catching up on the game today. Fun finish. I was a lot more down on this game than usual once the Braves re-took the lead. Me of little faith. Good to see Cavan have a solid game

Minor league games just starting. That being said I need to see this play, what an athletic 3rd baseman this guy must be :sarcasm:

"MacKenzie Mueller grounds into an unassisted double play, 3rd baseman Alexander Mojica. Addison Bargar out at home. MacKenzie Mueller out at 1st"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->