Blue Jays Discussion: Joe Panik: the hero we deserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
We're not hearing a lot of rumors on Toronto being in on players, but I hope they've at least checked in on Solometo. The guy looks like Madison Bumgarner out there.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017

f9e2ea92-094f-46e4-aae3-149f74e01129_text.gif

Reactions: Kurtz

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

1 day off? He hasn't pitched in 6 days now. Obviously he may not have been needed for some games, but I could have found a spot for him to pitch in every game in the Atlanta series so I'd call it more than 1 game off. Theoretically if they needed a roster spot they could IL him and he'd only miss this next 3 game series because it's been so long since he's pitched.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Maese 2 more innings tonight, 0 hits, 1 walk, 1 K, 1 unearned run on an error, sac bunt, productive out and wild pitch. 17 strikes in 32 pitches

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah the fact we have 7 prospects in the top 100 and none of them are named Moreno might be the most impressive thing. Because Moreno should be a top 100 prospect lol

Moreno should absolutely be there. Second half of season he will be. Jays really need to figure out what to do with their catcher position because Jansen isnt the answer. People also forget Riley Adams which lit it up in Spring Training and is currently a part of the taxi squad.

To me Kirk, Moreno and Adams cannot be any worse at the plate then Jansen and McGuire. I would rather give them all at bats. When Kirk is healthy again, if Jansen hasnt turned it around he needs to be cut loose with McGuire. Both Kirk and Adams should be splitting reps behind the plate, gaining MLB experience while we continue to groom Moreno in the minors.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Nate Pearson had mild right shoulder impingement and will miss his next start in AAA... Maybe this guy should just move to the pen.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Damn 6 years later and we still have unfounded Ben Revere haters.

Still a shame that we never got Stroman vs Cueto game 7.
Why did people not like Revere? He was the perfect leadoff hitter hitting in front of all those deadly bats

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Nate Pearson had mild right shoulder impingement and will miss his next start in AAA... Maybe this guy should just move to the pen.

Yeah I'm starting to get very concerned that Nate just isn't meant to reach his potential. Whether it's the injuries, or the mental block of pitching in the majors he just hasn't been able to put it together yet and the injuries have become increasingly common. Of course there's tons of time for him to figure it out, but it's very concerning.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Why did people not like Revere? He was the perfect leadoff hitter hitting in front of all those deadly bats

Batting the 8th or 9th best hitter in a lineup leadoff and thus ensuring him the most AB is not ideal.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

I don't know if the pen is any safer injury-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad