NBC Sports Boston Joe Haggerty needs a p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶r̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ job

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
While I liked his " why the Bruins will win the Cup " article I can't believe nobody caught this major error:

If the Bruins can win it all this postseason, it will essentially erase the sting of losing all four home games during the Cup Final last year and that dreadful, hollow Game 7 loss against the Blues where the B’s flatly weren’t good enough. That’s been the message all year for a Bruins group that almost completely returned from last season.

Ummmm Joe - the Bruins won Game 1 of the Final last season 4 - 2 in Boston. :shakehead

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm sorry, but why would you bother reading that hack?

Remember - I don't live in Boston so I'm starved for any Bruins, Red Sox or Celtics news. I watch WSBK every weeknight at 7 pm just for their sports coverage and I usually check out the sports sections on the Boston Globe, Boston Herald, CBS Boston, NBC Boston, NESN and WEEI websites every day. If I just watched TSN and Sportsnet all I would get is stuff about the Leafs, Raptors ( did you know they actually won the NBA title last season !!!!!! ) and Blue Jays. :thumbd:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Remember - I don't live in Boston so I'm starved for any Bruins, Red Sox or Celtics news. I watch WSBK every weeknight at 7 pm just for their sports coverage and I usually check out the sports sections on the Boston Globe, Boston Herald, CBS Boston, NBC Boston, NESN and WEEI websites every day. If I just watched TSN and Sportsnet all I would get is stuff about the Leafs, Raptors ( did you know they actually won the NBA title last season !!!!!! ) and Blue Jays. :thumbd:

I get it, but I also tend to look at the source before I read anything and his stuff doesn't make the cut. Fluto also is a hack and knows nothing of the team and the sport. :laugh:

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
While I liked his " why the Bruins will win the Cup " article I can't believe nobody caught this major error:

If the Bruins can win it all this postseason, it will essentially erase the sting of losing all four home games during the Cup Final last year and that dreadful, hollow Game 7 loss against the Blues where the B’s flatly weren’t good enough. That’s been the message all year for a Bruins group that almost completely returned from last season.

Ummmm Joe - the Bruins won Game 1 of the Final last season 4 - 2 in Boston. :shakehead
They weren’t flat in game 7 the first 19 minutes- they could have put the game away

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
This would be a fact checker. A proof reader finds spelling and grammatical errors.
Right. NHL.com needs a proofreader:

"The team's that are able to manufacture that energy." Cassidy added. "Especially when your down a goal, when you need that big hit, and a little bit of that going on, that's where coaches and assistant coaches are going to have to encourage the guys and a little bit more than they would when there is a packed house."

Reactions: Gordoff

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He's a terrible writer, true. And a hack, which also encompasses manufactured controversy, etc.

Then again, he's not DuPont, or CHB.

Those two are the most tired, lame losers one can conjur. Ick. Ugh.

CHB is the worst. Haggs is terrible.

What's the problem with KPD? I've always liked his stuff.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
CHB is the worst. Haggs is terrible.

What's the problem with KPD? I've always liked his stuff.

Having followed Boston sports media for 30 years plus, my opinion -- my opinion -- is that while intelligent and knowledgeable, KPD is a hack.

He sought to ride certain players out of town with lame "nick names" like John "the Amazing Technicolor Five Hole," etc. He's a jerk. And he sings from the same cynical book as CHB.

`

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Having followed Boston sports media for 30 years plus, my opinion -- my opinion -- is that while intelligent and knowledgeable, KPD is a hack.

He sought to ride certain players out of town with lame "nick names" like John "the Amazing Technicolor Five Hole," etc. He's a jerk. And he sings from the same cynical book as CHB.

`

Got it. I've been reading his stuff that long as well. One thing I do appreciate when reading his stuff these days is his historical perspective on the team that the other guys don't have and his long term connections with guys like Cam can lead to a little more access and transparency than the other writers get.

Unfortunately, the guys who really know the game and have the historical perspective like Mick Collageo and Dom Tiano don't write for the major papers in town.

Reactions: GordonHowe

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

`

KPD was really the first Boston writer I read back in the days when reading the Boston Globe online was my main source of Bruins news.

I never like his style of writing. Like you said those lame nicknames, and what I always found the tone of his articles arrogant and condescending.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Right. NHL.com needs a proofreader:

"The team's that are able to manufacture that energy." Cassidy added. "Especially when your down a goal, when you need that big hit, and a little bit of that going on, that's where coaches and assistant coaches are going to have to encourage the guys and a little bit more than they would when there is a packed house."
Was that from Amelie Benjamin?
I've seen her misspell Charas and Pastrnaks names repeatedly in one article. Hrr Anglesh nut gud!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad